Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
TV (Read 2213 times)
Bulldog

Forum newbie

TV
Oct 1st, 2012 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Hi,
Does anyone know of a TV repair shop/service in or near Tortosa area.
Many Thanks, Bulldog.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Re: TV
Reply #1 - Oct 1st, 2012 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Maybe contact Nigel? (Forum).
or there's a place in Mora la Nova, advertising in current Olive Press magazine.
Tel: 977401611  662025178

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 1st, 2012 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
Altadillīs in Tortosa,i would think repair TVīs as they repair "White Goods" Have used them in the past.

http://www.guias11811.es/informacion-contacto/M9648984/ALTADILL/

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #3 - Oct 1st, 2012 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
There's a little shop on the street that runs parallel to the old bridge just upstream therefrom on the 'main' side of the river.  No English spoken, but he will take it off you and give you an estimate before running up a bill.  Since the reformation of the area it is impossible to mount the kerb on this narrow street so be prepared to dash in with the TV then return having parked to explain what you want.  Better still get someone to drop you and the TV off.

IP Logged

avalidopinion
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 3:46am
Print Post  
Mr B

Before you go and spend a lot of money just pop on youtube and put your TV model number in the search engine. There are lots of "Fix" videos on there. I have fixed a couple things with their help. You may be able to buy the part and fix it yourself other faults such as black lines down your flat screen can be as simple as a wire that has popped out of its plastic holder. Just have a quick look it may be worth while.  Wink 

Take no notice of the way this man does the job it is unsafe to work on a live TV unless you know what you are doing and then very dangerous. But the video gives you a run down of possible faults.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yCREZL7ITc&feature=related

Remember folks always unplug and earth as the TV innards can still hold a charge when unplugged.  Huh

Tortosa_TV_repairs.jpg ( 42 KB | Downloads )
Tortosa_TV_repairs.jpg

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #5 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Hi all,
Thanks ever so for all the info. ( now having problems posting message with the size of the text jumping ).
The problem that I am having is the on and off switch is not working. A couples of weeks ago when turning TV on it made a cracking noise which got worse then the red stand -by light would not come on but I found that I could turn it on by using the button on the side of the TV but now have to press it twice to get the green light on. Once TV on it works fine. Thanks AV I checked youtube but was totally baffled and would not trust Mr B. with tools/live electric or my LG TV.
Many thanks again, Bulldog.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top