Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
 25 Shotguns and ammo ? (Read 16886 times)
Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Shotguns and ammo ?
Oct 3rd, 2012 at 12:12am
Print Post  
As I understand it, you need to be a member of a cacadores association to be able to buy a shotgun but does anyone know if you can by cartridges without producing a licence ?

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

Eddie_Torres
Ex Member

Re: Shotguns and ammo ?
Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 9:25am
Print Post  
I think technically, no, but, in reality, if you have a chat with  the nice tall guy with the short beard in the Gunshop beside the old bridge, you can get what you need.

Not sure you need to be a member of a cazadores group, but you do need a mental/medical certificate before you can apply. A lot of the land is under the control of cazadores associations,  but plenty is not, it is coto de caza, [ish] protected hunting lands you [anybody, not a club] pay to shoot, lots of the Parc de Ports foothills seem to be like this.

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Quote:
I think technically, no, but, in reality, if you have a chat with  the nice tall guy with the short beard in the Gunshop beside the old bridge, you can get what you need.

Not sure you need to be a member of a cazadores group, but you do need a mental/medical certificate before you can apply. A lot of the land is under the control of cazadores associations,  but plenty is not, it is coto de caza, [ish] protected hunting lands you [anybody, not a club] pay to shoot, lots of the Parc de Ports foothills seem to be like this.

Do you have to be certified as Mental or not to shoot here? From the stories i have heard about our local shooters,i would say the former is applied.   Sad

IP Logged

Eddie_Torres
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 11:48am
Print Post  
Quote:
Quote:

Do you have to be certified as Mental or not to shoot here? From the stories i have heard about our local shooters,i would say the former is applied.   Sad

Exactly, I believe that if you are actually found to be reasonably sane, they refer you to some higher authority for further assessments.

IP Logged

hhmunro
YaBB Newbies

Forum newbie

Reply #4 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Oh, and you also need to own rural land, the exam is only available in Castillano, or Catalan, and an English licence is not transferable...

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #5 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the feedback all.  I haven't visited the Tortosa shop, only the Amposta one and the proprietor in there was a little strange (IMHO).  I've gleaned a little info from the web and was surprised to read that legally, you're not even permitted to shoot vermin with an airgun and yet after a cursory once over and a bit of typical paper form filling, you can wander around your own or anybody else's land with one of the most lethal hand weapons available and also get away with hanging up your dogs from a tree with wire when they are no longer useful.
Funny old world 'innit.
By the way, don't ask me if I've stopped beating my wife 'cos it's a loaded question.
I don't actually want a shotgun.  I just want some cartridges or black powder to help me dismantle a pile of very big and very hard olive tree roots.
Do any of you (or anyone you know) own a legal shotgun ?
Cheers again.

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
Wasn't the theme of Catch 22 that you must not be mad to join the Army but you had to be mad to want to?  I see a similarity but I'm not sure where.  Err, ummm.

Blowing up tree stumps?   Sugar and weedkiller but be very careful.  Causing an explosion is I'd think a crime across the EU.

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #7 - Oct 5th, 2012 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
I did 16 years in the army so draw your own conclusions !!  If I could find another way I wouldn't be considering it.  Any suggestions ?

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 9:55am
Print Post  
No. Catch 22 was you could only get out of your tour of duty if you were insane but going insane under those conditions was normal therefore you weren't insane and didn't qualify to get out of your tour of duty. Literary quotations are best if you have read the book. I can lend it you if you want. : )

I've found an excavator is the best way to remove any tree stump and I've pulled a few. I'm  sure there are forum members that can put you in touch with someone. I know someone that found a guy with a full size jcb at a very reasonable price for a job and can put you in touch if you wish. Alternatively I have one if you can figure out transport for a 3 ton machine.
Bruixot

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #9 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 11:41am
Print Post  
I haven't explained the challenge properly.  I'll send you an email as it's easier to embed pics and stuff.

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #10 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
Wait until November 5th and then should there be any repercussions you can claim that it is an English (ethnic minority) festival.   Wink

IP Logged

avalidopinion
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Hi BY

I have just spoken to Les the man with a van. He is also a man with a digger who has removed this sort of thing before He said he will bring his digger over to you remove the said stump and cut it into reasonable pieces etc and will charge £100 Euro all in..... or all out in this case. There you have it and this way there is no bad back on your part or visits from plod.  Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #12 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
Hi Av,
I've pm'd Bruixot telling him that I haven't explained the challenge properly.
The stumps are out and lying in a big pile.  I'm looking for a way to break them into stove size pieces.
I've just been out logging and am hot and cream crackered.  I'll post some pics later.

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #13 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
This is how the stumps were lifted.

IMG_0900.jpg (Attachment deleted)
IMG_0912.jpg (Attachment deleted)