Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Wanted to add this to the Amets saga but not pos . (Read 2620 times)
Sherlock

Forum newbie

Wanted to add this to the Amets saga but not pos .
Oct 25th, 2012 at 11:33am
Print Post  
Definitely made the wrong choice for my birthday dinner outing last Saturday by going to Amets - what a downer!  Should have turned back when we caught sight of the large group outside as we approached the place - wedding party, great.  I scolded my daughter for her sneering comment:  'Who would have their wedding reception here?!' but as the meal progressed was thoroughly in agreement.  Two of us chose the menu at 28 Euros as we are ever hopeful of coming into contact with the steak of our dreams - tender, juicy, thick, melt-in-the-mouth style.  First up was a tepid chorizo swimming in what looked like last week's washing-up water.  The waitress expressed her surprise that it wasn't hot and back it went to the kitchen.  My other half, not one to complain, but also impatient to eat, ate it in its dubious condition and later spent half the night in the bathroom.  Second course, a black sausage (or baldana, if I'm not mistaken) with a spoonful of ali-oli.  Okay, acceptable but hardly much work on their part.  Pleasant atmosphere all the while with loud football match inches away and waiting staff staring through glass.  The steak looked promising - thick and rare, as requested, shame it tasted of bakelite, how I've no idea!  Wanting to drown my sorrows I brought up the subject of the cider with the waitress who had not offered any information on the subject thus far - how could we help ourselves if we were in the side room and the barrel was in the main room?  She offered to fetch us a glass and came back with a measly amount that tasted like old socks.  When the 'dessert' was produced with no sight of any chocolate that was the last straw - after all who can call a few nuts and a bit of hard cheese a dessert! Had been considering La Tagliatelle Italian so was not impressed when a friend told me yesterday he'd recently had one of the best meals ever at said establishment!

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Re: Wanted to add this to the Amets saga but not pos .
Reply #1 - Oct 25th, 2012 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
I've had the 'Cider' menu twice in Amets, but never again! As you said, cold undercooked and pretty disgusting. The cider was awful too.

If you want a really good steak in Tortosa then La Tagliatella Pizza restaurant almost opposite the Cat Salud office (walk in the train station direction and it's on the right). The pizzas aren't bad and the steak is wonderful.

Alternatively, L'Illa in L'Ampolla also do a wonderful steak (Solomilla de buey).

IP Logged

llasat
Ex Member

Re: Wanted to add this to the Amets saga but not pos .
Reply #2 - Sep 13th, 2013 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Amets owner has no idea of marketing or how to keep customers happy. he is arrogant, cold, too  predictable. he just wants to make quick money. i will never go back there.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top