Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 Robbery (Read 50800 times)
john_and_angela

Robbery
Nov 5th, 2012 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
Hi everyone. We have been robbed of almost all our electrical goods! Dell laptop, 2 modems, 3 games machines, Playstation, GameCube, many games, 2 DVD players, DVD player for car, walkie talkies, 3 mobile phones, mans bicycle. We went to the police station in Tortosa, they came out the next day to take fingerprints. Look out!

IP Logged

Jote

Re: Robbery
Reply #1 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Oh qué miseria! Thanks for warning, but where do you live?

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #2 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Sorry to hear about this.
As Jote has asked, which area do you live in?
Looks like we all need to be on the look out again.

IP Logged

hoop1138
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
There was a break-in at a finca in Benifallet on or around Halloween (when the full moon was out).

They took all of the electrical goods, fridge/freezer, TV, washing machine, etc.

Not Brit on Brit crime this time as they cut all the UK plugs off before they took them.

The silly season starts again….

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Quote:
There was a break-in at a finca in Benifallet on or around Halloween (when the full moon was out).

They took all of the electrical goods, fridge/freezer, TV, washing machine, etc.

Not Brit on Brit crime this time as they cut all the UK plugs off before they took them.

The silly season starts again….

you could be right as the fruit pickers are all over the place again but i still think some off the brits are to blame Angry dont trust anyone you dont know

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #5 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Any Nationality could have cut the plugs off! even fellow Brits!
Most people living here would change the plugs and use Spanish type anyway.
Think we all need to be on our guard, and take note of strangers and / or strange vehicles near our properties.

IP Logged

JamJarChris

Power to the peaceful

Reply #6 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Sorry to hear this news - it is never fun, and we all live with the threat hanging over us.

We have been broken into three times - two were simple cash n grabs, and certainly not from the indigenous population - the third, well the jury is still out.

The problem is always that when there are more people out and about picking olives carobs etc, then there are more people to see what you have, and decide to relieve you of it.

Each time we have been broken into, it has been during the olive harvest, with workers on the neighbouring fincas.

Extrapolate from that what you will....

In the end, staying safe and reducing the opportunities is the best way forward for us. We actively 'spot' and photo any strange cars, as do our neighbours. You have to help yourselves here on the prevention side, I am afraid.

quod ambit, redit
GTalk  
IP Logged

john_and_angela

Reply #7 - Nov 5th, 2012 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
We are in the campo near Aldover.

IP Logged

patang
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Nov 13th, 2012 at 11:04am
Print Post  
So sorry to hear of your break in, it is so heart breaking.

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Reply #9 - Nov 13th, 2012 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
I've said this before but -Get an Alarm!
Here's simple one for £19 that will silently call your mobile:-
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170897396030
or a more complete one for £42:-
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160866010420
Just put a sim in and set up your mobile number.
The peace of mind alone is worth it.
By the way, these work off low DC voltages so you don't necessarily need an inverter working if you are in the campo.

IP Logged

ddspain
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Nov 13th, 2012 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
Unfortunately most of these alarms work off motion sensors, so they are no use to those of us who have cats and dogs in the house. Otherwise it gets more complicated and expensive.
They can be useful to those people who are away a lot though. Does anyone know the statistics on people being broken into and whether they are holiday homes, or permanent?

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #11 - Nov 13th, 2012 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Happens anywhere to anyone at anytime.
You just have to try and make your property as secure as possible, and keep your eyes and ears open for strangers around.
Some Catalan neighbours, living (not on holiday), in a property on the edge of a busy road, were broken into during the day time a few years ago. They had everything taken.
Cheeky lot had climbed over, opened the big gate, and driven into their drive, behind a wall, so were not noticed by passers by.
Even people who have dogs to guard property, have had them beaten, and been robbed. If they want to rob you they will.

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Nov 15th, 2012 at 9:50am
Print Post  
It appears that alarms and dogs are not going to stop these people,as if no one responds to the alarm immediately,they then have as long as they want to break in.My neighbours dog was just removed beforehand.I have also heard it numerous times were the Police then ask, were is the burgulary and when you reply in the campo, they just shrug their shoulders and say what do you expect living there !

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Reply #13 - Nov 16th, 2012 at 9:41am
Print Post  
FatPhil, having a ding-a-ling alarm is'nt much use. Get one that phones you and / or sends a text message. Mine tells me which sensor has triggered, including ones outside and in the genny shed and garage. If I can't get back quickly then I can phone neighbours. If you have pets then you need to choose suitable sensors. We were robbed 4 times until the alarm went in and a neighbour twice. Not been done since (4 years ago) and I'm much happier knowing that it is safe.
Friends have a 'managed' alarm where the security van turns up 4 hours after the alarm has gone off and pays $30 a month for the priviledge!

IP Logged

santsalvador
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Nov 16th, 2012 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Four hours after the alarm has gone off, now thats a system worth having and only 30€ a month.!! Huh

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top