Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Almond prices (Read 5060 times)
John
Ex Member

Almond prices
Nov 10th, 2012 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Can anyone tell me what the co-ops are offering this year? Looking around on the net shows me the wholesale price in the UK is between £6 and £8 a KILO! I was wondering if it's worth shipping to the UK and bypassing most of the middle men in spain. I have sent samples to one importer who is interested - depending on price.

I'd rather use them in the log fire as fuel than accept what the co-op was offering over the last few years and it would be cheaper than logs especially with the price hike of nuts between 2008 - 2011.

John Shocked

IP Logged

DaneInSpain
Ex Member

Re: Almond prices
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2012 at 10:11am
Print Post  
I don't know about prices, but if you go the the 'camara de comercio' they can help you get some cash to set up an export business. have a look at the available grants here, see if anything would be relevant to you:
http://www20.gencat.cat/portal/site/OVT/menuitem.7a6af294a091d47aaea8c810b0c0e1a...

IP Logged

DaneInSpain
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2012 at 10:40am
Print Post  

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 14th, 2012 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Quote:

This is quite interesting. some of the figures and prices are an eye opener too. Thanks for this.

John. Smiley

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 14th, 2012 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
So off to Californ i a  it is then

IP Logged

Cariad

Forum newbie

Reply #5 - Nov 16th, 2012 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
For prices of all fruits,etc got to www.cambratortosa.com,click on La llotja, then click on the date in the middle of the screen .Hope this helps

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top