Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Send TopicPrint
 25 Loss of UK TV channels (Read 158604 times)
Terry EA3EWO
Ex Member

Re: Loss of UK TV channels
Reply #180 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Hi. Check out his prices  http://www.digitalsatsystems.com/html/completesystems_installed.html

Befor I left Gandesa I asked for a 1.9 Famaval Dish, he quoted me 450+ for me to collect.
Terry.

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #181 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
That's funny Bunter but it would be interesting to know how Nigel is doing his surveys.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #182 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Bigyin wrote on Feb 9th, 2014 at 12:50pm:
That's funny Bunter but it would be interesting to know how Nigel is doing his surveys.

I think he has a van, gennie and dish on a mobile tri pod. Its not an exact science but will give you a good idea of what is going on at the various areas within Nigel's work area. We in Tarragona appear to be in a blind spot. I saw his treasure map on page 12 and have found the buried ten Euro note.  Grin

You can as stated still catch the winter Olympics on channel 978 or BBC RB2 (red button 2) Saw the rugby last night.  Cool

Nigels_birthday.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #183 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
Quote:
yes, tried tvguide today and no, it does not work for me! Filmon works on my laptop but to watch it on the tv makes the picture stick. Hate technology!

How are you connecting your laptop to the TV.  HDMI cable ?

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #184 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Bigyin wrote on Feb 9th, 2014 at 12:50pm:

Ignore this.  For some reasons I didn't get email notifications of the earlier updates to this thread.  have now seen the pic of his rig at Tres Calles.
What a dedicated bloke.

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #185 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Hi Robo, that is strange, the people who live just opposite you have good Internet. I see a lot of people using an Ipad with some special monthly payment deal from Vodaphone,

Smiley

IP Logged

macmaster
Ex Member

Reply #186 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Quote:
So Britsat etc can supply a iptv box that connects through the internet but will only reliably work if the customer pays a subscription for extra channels ?
Sounds like selective marketing to me !
or are you saying that the subscription packages offered by these companies may be unreliable also ?

The subcription charges are to hide your ip address ive tried several of these over the last month and none of them work either through my computer smart tv or playstation 3 in fact any platform i try
You can buy a box off the net that ip masking is included that gives accesss to over 7000 channels including all UK channels sky sports movies catch up everything. I am trialing one at the moment as its a little complex to set up and arrange your fav channels into one place. €160 NO SUBSCRIPTION EVER. More info once I sorted my box out. Please be aware this solution is down to unlimited internet being on ADSL and not everyones cup of tea. As Nigel.stated Eurona will soon run out of bandwidth if eveyone starts streaming TV. Another option.

IP Logged

robo
Ex Member

Reply #187 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
hi smidge, they have a local ipad paid monthly with a 1 gig internet card in it, it is limited as all tablets are

IP Logged

geandi
Ex Member

Reply #188 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
So the internet connections  will be overwhelmed with a few hundred brits trying to stream tv programs ? and iptv  subscription free boxes don't exist so can't be supplied by local companies ? I  will leave it to others on this forum to search the details on the internet and put their findings on this forum ! 

IP Logged

macmaster
Ex Member

Reply #189 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
Quote:
So the internet connections  will be overwhelmed with a few hundred brits trying to stream tv programs ? and iptv  subscription free boxes don't exist so can't be supplied by local companies ? I  will leave it to others on this forum to search the details on the internet and put their findings on this forum ! 

IPTV box subscription free
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XBMC-MX2-IPTV-BOX-FREE-MOVIES-SPORT-INTERNATIONAL-LIVE...

This box is up an running and running fine in LAmpolla now. Complex to set up and eats data like mad but all IPTV boxes will.
To watch all your soaps your looking at 30gb a month just for them

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #190 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
Thanks Robo 1GB. has its limitations.
Smiley

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #191 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
geandi. it seems like a space center sized dish as per Nigel or maybe an ADSL system as per Mcmaster suggestion. Am I understanding the communication so far?

IP Logged

geandi
Ex Member

Reply #192 - Feb 9th, 2014 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
Amazing !
Any other info anyone ?

Quote:
Quote:

IPTV box subscription free
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XBMC-MX2-IPTV-BOX-FREE-MOVIES-SPORT-INTERNATIONAL-LIVE...

This box is up an running and running fine in LAmpolla now. Complex to set up and eats data like mad but all IPTV boxes will.
To watch all your soaps your looking at 30gb a month just for them

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #193 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 1:28am
Print Post  
To watch all your soaps your looking at 30gb a month just for them [/quote]
[/quote]

NECK-XED.     Grin

neck-xed.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #194 - Feb 10th, 2014 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
ITV AND CHANNEL FOUR SWITCH LIKELY TONIGHT
All remaining ITV One channels are expected to move to from Astra 1N to Astra 2E in the early hours of Tuesday morning, 11th. February.
SES Astra, normally one of the most secretive of companies, publishes weekly ephemeris data on its website, predicting the exact position in orbit of all its satellites. That is, except Astra 1N. Position data for this satellite is only given till Wednesday, 12th. February, indicating that it will be emptied of channels and will start to its new home to the west shortly after Wednesday. Channel Four's group of channels may also move tonight. At the latest, it looks as though all free public service channels will be moved to the new UK spot beam within the next 72 hours. The switch will add to the misery for thousands of UK expatriates in Spain, France, Italy and Germany, shortly after losing all BBC services.
The sole BBC channel which can be received easily throughout Europe is the Winter Olympics Red Button channel 978.

sign_of_the_times.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top