Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 NATIONAL ATESA PROBLEMS (Read 12853 times)
jt42
Ex Member

NATIONAL ATESA PROBLEMS
Dec 4th, 2012 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Hi. Hope someone can help me, we recently returned a hire car back to barcelona airport which had a small amount of damage for which we accepted responsibilty as some one had hit the car when it was parked in tortosa and driven off. anyway to cut a long story short when we returned the car we agreed to pay 103 euros for the damage so they took that amount from my debit card, no problems so far. anyway to my supripse when we arrived back in the uk and checked our bank statement atesa had taken the 103 euros for which hey gave me a receipt but then witout my knowledge took another 670 euros without my authority, i have tried phoning them several times but there phone seems to be engaged all the time, so does anyone have an e-mail for atesa to which they might reply or a phone number they might answer, Also is there a spanish equivalant to trading standards i can contact, any help greatly appreciated. thank you

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Re: NATIONAL ATESA PROBLEMS
Reply #1 - Dec 4th, 2012 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hi. Hope someone can help me, we recently returned a hire car back to barcelona airport which had a small amount of damage for which we accepted responsibilty as some one had hit the car when it was parked in tortosa and driven off. anyway to cut a long story short when we returned the car we agreed to pay 103 euros for the damage so they took that amount from my debit card, no problems so far. anyway to my supripse when we arrived back in the uk and checked our bank statement atesa had taken the 103 euros for which hey gave me a receipt but then witout my knowledge took another 670 euros without my authority, i have tried phoning them several times but there phone seems to be engaged all the time, so does anyone have an e-mail for atesa to which they might reply or a phone number they might answer,[highlight] Also is there a spanish equivalant to trading standards i can contact, any help greatly appreciated. thank you 

[/highlight]

Hi jt42,
Sorry to hear about your Car Hire problems.The local Comarcal for this area,Baix Ebre,operates a "Consumers Department",which handles  complaints against  Private Companies.I have added a link into the relevant part of there website. (it is in Catalan) They may be able to assist you.

http://www.baixebre.cat/oficina-consumidor.asp

Good luck.

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 4th, 2012 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Quote:
Hi. Hope someone can help me, we recently returned a hire car back to barcelona airport which had a small amount of damage for which we accepted responsibilty as some one had hit the car when it was parked in tortosa and driven off. anyway to cut a long story short when we returned the car we agreed to pay 103 euros for the damage so they took that amount from my debit card, no problems so far. anyway to my supripse when we arrived back in the uk and checked our bank statement atesa had taken the 103 euros for which hey gave me a receipt but then witout my knowledge took another 670 euros without my authority, i have tried phoning them several times but there phone seems to be engaged all the time, so does anyone have an e-mail for atesa to which they might reply or a phone number they might answer,[highlight] Also is there a spanish equivalant to trading standards i can contact, any help greatly appreciated. thank you 

[/highlight]

Hi jt42,
Sorry to hear about your Car Hire problems.The local Comarcal (like our County Councils back home) for this area,Baix Ebre,operates a "Consumers Department",which handles  complaints against  Private Companies.I have added a link into the relevant part of there website. (it is in Catalan) They may be able to assist you.

http://www.baixebre.cat/oficina-consumidor.asp

Good luck.

IP Logged

jt42
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 4th, 2012 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
Thank you Ebrorob

IP Logged

robo
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 4th, 2012 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
have you tried your bank where you got the card from,i know debit cards are not the same as credit cards but its worth a try

IP Logged

AtesaCares
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 4th, 2012 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
We've taken note of your complaint.  Enterprise Holdings is  the parent company of Atesa and as customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please contact us at care[at]enterprise.com with complete details, including the exact pick-up location, your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your bill. We'd be happy to help.  When emailing, please list Reference Number 121204-002119 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Amelia
Social Monitoring Coordinator

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Dec 4th, 2012 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
Credit where credit is due. I have seen many complaints on this fourm relative to problems with car rental. This is the first time I have seen a company take this approach. Smiley

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 5th, 2012 at 9:37am
Print Post  
Hey,well done Amelia from Enterprise Holdings,never seen anything like this before on the TF forum.I believe EH may be an American Company?  This part of Spain should maybe take note on how the Yanks handle there complaints.  Smiley

IP Logged

jt42
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Dec 5th, 2012 at 11:33am
Print Post  
Thank you i am impressed with that

IP Logged

Sherlock

Forum newbie

Reply #9 - Dec 5th, 2012 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Well with that level of after service they may well get my business in future.

IP Logged

jt42
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Dec 5th, 2012 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
I will keep you updated when i find out if there customer service lives up to expectations

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #11 - Dec 5th, 2012 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
Yes I agree this looks to be a first to me, shows that others are watching our post,s  Wink well done
By the way as we are talking hire cars I thought it would be a idea to do a update on my car hire experience a few weeks ago, sorry JT42 for hijacking your thread.
As some of you know I spent a good few hours tracking down a descent deal for 11 days hire picking up at El prat in Barc last month I eventually found Centauro rent a car Smiley to be, not the cheapest but fair,I was picked  up at airport within minutes of arriving, without having  to ring them, I had booked a Fiesta class B, and ended up with a newish Polo 1.2 TD, they charged a reasonable 74 euros for the fuel "bring back Empty " I did round 8 km left in tank.
On returning car I was dealt with fast and friendly and drop off at T2  in record time with no problems Smiley.
I will be in no doubt to use them again, I would definitely recommend this company.
Phil M

IP Logged

jt42
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Dec 13th, 2012 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Hi all just an update all sorted, well done enterprise, after a slow start on the spanish side all resolved with help from enterprise.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #13 - Dec 13th, 2012 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Fantastic!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top