Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
THE GREAT SPANISH CRASH (Read 5126 times)
gyronut44
Ex Member

THE GREAT SPANISH CRASH
Dec 17th, 2012 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
just watched an interesting program on the bbc,makes for very interesting watching,
seems spain is another country like the uk thats on its a**e,why is it they cant work themselves out of a hole,create jobs, manufacture things,create proper irrigation systems and grow produce for sale,
instead what do spanish youngsters with good qualifications do ,bale out and take crap jobs in other countries!
the way forward for most of europe is to stop buying cheap chinese junk and start producing our own products ,create jobs for our own!
then maybe we will have half a chance of standing proud again with our youngsters learning skills that previous generations used to have,
instead all i hear these days is doom and gloom!
what kind of message is that to hand down to the next generation ,
EUROPE SORT YOURSELF OUT !

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Re: THE GREAT SPANISH CRASH
Reply #1 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Quote:
just watched an interesting program on the bbc,makes for very interesting watching,
seems spain is another country like the uk thats on its a**e,why is it they cant work themselves out of a hole,create jobs, manufacture things,create proper irrigation systems and grow produce for sale,
instead what do spanish youngsters with good qualifications do ,bale out and take crap jobs in other countries!
the way forward for most of europe is to stop buying cheap chinese junk and start producing our own products ,create jobs for our own!
then maybe we will have half a chance of standing proud again with our youngsters learning skills that previous generations used to have,
instead all i hear these days is doom and gloom!
what kind of message is that to hand down to the next generation ,
EUROPE SORT YOURSELF OUT !

Could not agree more! I have been the victim on more than one occasion with purchases from these Chino Shops. Thought i had found a bargain with a nice half litre thermos flask,so i bought 2!  turned out that the capacity in each was barely a quarter of a litre!    Sad Sad Sad Sad

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 10:07am
Print Post  
Yes I saw that program, it was very interesting and sad in some ways, 400000 young Spanish people moved to other countries  many well educated but now working as waiters etc. Much of the problem is rooted in education, the majority Chinese students are studying production, design, engineering while euro students are majoring in gender equality and such like, the result is, as you see.

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Dont know what all the fuss is suddenly all about,they only have themselves to blame.

IP Logged

santsalvador
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Quite agree Nobrot, saw this coming years ago, why didnt they. according to the program, throw money at it or build there way out of it, now there talking about holding the rest of Europe to ransom, lend us the money with no concessions or we'll bring the rest of Europe down with us.
They will never change, they dont know how.
Terry.

IP Logged

RiumarPat
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Ebrorob is right! The Chinese shops sell rubbish & look at the stuff in the markets, more Chinese junk, terribly made clothes, shockingly bad shoes made of plastic when in the past Spain was known for the lovely leather shoes that they made. I'm sure Spain made lots of good things at one time, but they sold out to the Chinese. They are'nt alone in this, sometime ago when I visited the USA I was amazed at all the Chinese goods on sale. No wonder things are so bad.

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Quite agree Nobrot, saw this coming years ago, why didnt they. according to the program, throw money at it or build there way out of it, now there talking about holding the rest of Europe to ransom, lend us the money with no concessions or we'll bring the rest of Europe down with us.
They will never change, they dont know how.
Terry.

They did, great roads that lead nowhere and vasted over rated follies,(there's a €1/2m one in Tivenys) all paid for by the EU. A banking sector that was propped up by hyper inflated house prices and a tourist industry that thought they had a devine right to Europes holiday traffic.

IP Logged

robo
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 12:50am
Print Post  
i see its the end of the world on friday again, why worry about spain i am going to buy myself a new Ferrari and enjoy my last few days but i will need a large loan, any one know if the banks are still giving loans when they have no chance of getting the money back before the end comes

IP Logged

Hesa Juan 2
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 9:57am
Print Post  
.... of course its so much better in Blighty, low petty crime rates, virtually no gang related gun crime, jobs for all because of the low level of immigrants and asylum seekers.....and of course a nice cool breeze from Jan to Dec.....and the interest at the banks means pensions remain untouched ..... when you couple all that to the low taxation levels and wonderful NHS that is so over funded I really dont know why I came here..... Cheesy

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #9 - Dec 19th, 2012 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
It is interesting that the pound was worth €1.04  on january 1st. 2009 and today it's worth €1.23...that tells me that the euro buys 17.19% more today here than it did in Britain then, whereas the pound actually buys less there now due to inflation and low interest rates.
So exactly how well is the uk doing?
I'm going to have a very merry Christmas in Spain Wink

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top