Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 PM (Read 9207 times)
ulrika
Ex Member

PM
Jan 9th, 2013 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
I want to tell all kind people sending me PM that IŽm not rude not answering your PM I canŽt Smiley

When I try to reply I get the message
"You are only allowed to send Personal Messages if you've reached a post count of 10!"

IŽm sure it is my bad, me doing something wrong, nevertheless, canŽt reply.  Tongue

Just wanted to let you know. Smiley

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Re: PM
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2013 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
Make 6 more random posts....problem solved

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2013 at 11:22am
Print Post  
Please please please, be very careful with what you are going to buy in Catalunya.

In the last week I've spoken to 2 different families who have bought properties around the Palma d'Ebre area, and were told the biggest load of lies I've ever heard, I just cant believe that this is still going on, 9 years after I was 'stung' in the same way.

They were told they could build 50 m2 up to 6 meters high, especially if they registers as agricultors or farmers. They were not told that you need quite a lot of land to do this and also that it costs you a minimum of 250 Euros to be autonomo (self employed)

Although 50 m2 in theory is enough space for a couple who are not needing lots of furniture etc. This building even if given permission is still an ALMACEN'  not to live in, and never will be after you spend all of your money on it.

When these people have gone to the local authorities (after shelling out 18k +) they are told they don't have enough land to be autonomo (even if they could afford it) so therefore can only build an almacen of 35 m2........and it will need an Architects project, when they were told just to present their own deawings and pay the taxes.

I find it absolutely incredible that people are still falling for this crap, especially with all of the information now available on the Internet and especially on this forum, but from my experience they still believe what they want to believe, and then wonder why they have been ripped off.

Today I found a very recent advert for a property in the same town for around 45k, with a huge agricultural building in bad repair, but it states that this can be renovated into a B&B and can connect to the water and electricity close by..........WAKE UP PEOPLE, YOU WILL NEVER GET PERMISSION TO DO THIS IN CATALUNYA.

Ask Pondgirl on this forum about her saga with renovating a beautiful mill, how much she put into it, and after years of waiting and a lot of money later could not get permission, so what do you think the answer will be for an agricultural building in bad repair will be?????

A Belgian couple bought a beautiful finca in Bot, the local Mayor was in full agreement that they could make a rural tourism project and he would back them all the way. Then 4 years down the line after the project has been presented numerous times, because something or the other had to be changed, their Lawyer finally told the couple that the Tarragona authorities, have refused the project, again they spent many thousands of Euros to get to this stage, and to add insult to injury, when they returned to Spain to spend some time on their finca, their caravan had mysteriously caught fire, and that was last February with no forest fires etc.....................go figure!!!!! 

OK rant over, but be careful out there hey!!!!!!

IP Logged

ulrika
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
We will be careful, we understand it can be a problem here in Catalunya. WeŽll try to keep the "safety-glasses- on. WeŽll be as careful as we possibly can.

IP Logged

skibob
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 15th, 2013 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Hi Ulrika,
Hope you found what your looking for. Tried to ring you but could not get through.
Bob. Smiley

IP Logged

ulrika
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jan 15th, 2013 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Hello Bob, we saw your message. Very nice of you. We are getting closer to decisionmaking here Tongue Have had a busy day and telephones are acting out on us. During some hours today apparantely noone could reach us. Sorry `bout that :/

Tomorrow will be a busy day to, early start, late finish. Say hello to the wife Smiley

...and soon IŽll be able to use the pm function. Cheesy

//Ulrika & Pär

IP Logged

ulrika
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jan 21st, 2013 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Post nr 9 Smiley - PM almost there...

IP Logged

ulrika
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jan 21st, 2013 at 11:21am
Print Post  
...and this should be The Post that will unleash my PM-ing.

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jan 21st, 2013 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Before you commit to anything get a good Lawyer. I paid 1500 Euro when I bought but it was money very well spent.

IP Logged

ulrika
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jan 22nd, 2013 at 1:09am
Print Post  
We will take it nice and slow. Safetybelts on and secured. Checking, double checking, triple checking... Smiley

HOWEVER... Landing on Stockholm Airport realising it is - 22 C outside, kind of made us want to skip some of the safety thinking we are used to.

-22 _is_very_cold.

IP Logged

geandi
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jan 22nd, 2013 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
Keep your money as far away from Catalunya/Spain as possible . Apart from the so called estate agents etc..most unregistered ...those that are are dodgy. The regional and state governments are waiting to pounce on legitimate buyers for a share of your money. Buy in an urbinisation if you must . Get legal help...believe nobody without triple checking..the wolves are all around waiting to pounce..buyer beware..you have been warned !!!!
Don't let the weather fool you ...!!!

Quote:
We will take it nice and slow. Safetybelts on and secured. Checking, double checking, triple checking... Smiley

HOWEVER... Landing on Stockholm Airport realising it is - 22 C outside, kind of made us want to skip some of the safety thinking we are used to.

-22 _is_very_cold.

IP Logged

ceilidh
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jan 22nd, 2013 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
Beg to differ the whole of spain .no the whole of europe could do without all of this scaremongering ,We have lived here for eleven years and moved house 5 times in towns and on fincas .Yes you do hear of the odd problem but generally all goes smoothly .best of luck too you all.

IP Logged

cherryfarms
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jan 22nd, 2013 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
well said ceilidh. We have been here 6 yrs full time, Owned properties for 10yrs and just love our Spanish way of life.
There is good and bad everywhere, not just in Catalunya.
Good luck and a warm welcome to all our newcomers  Smiley

IP Logged

ulrika
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jan 23rd, 2013 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
We got our minds set. On Spain.

I understand sometimes some people get deep into trouble. Mind you, I know quite a few people in Sweden who intensely regrets buying their house, and that is here in Sweden. Problems occurs, sometimes really bad problems occurs, but weŽll just have to do what we always do, solve or work around.

...and we are not easily scared. However cautious we might be, we are not scared.

IP Logged

catalanboy
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jan 24th, 2013 at 12:07am
Print Post  
Yes i tend to agree,Spain is a great place to live in what ever provence you choose to live in , having had a place in France and paying around 2000 euro a year for fonciere and habitat tax, while not even living in the house ... catalunya is like a breath of fresh air low bills cheap food and fuel etc, but you just have to put up with the bureaucracy.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top