Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 25 Prices for rural land. (Read 11241 times)
bruixot
Ex Member

Re: Prices for rural land.
Reply #15 - Jan 30th, 2013 at 10:18am
Print Post  
I always felt we got a good deal with the only property we bought via an agent back in 04 and whilst it was a little over valued we weren't ripped off or lied too. Glad I'm not planning on selling.
Some of the asking prices we see are ridiculous if you know true value though. Part of the problem is ripped off people trying to recoup there losses by passing it on to another sucker.
Bruixot

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jan 30th, 2013 at 10:33am
Print Post  
Not me beating it but eBay and UK companies. For example of high end equipment : chipper shredder new on eBay 1700 euros- used on segunda Mano 5000euros. Caterpillar tracks new in Spain 3000 euros-new in uk 1100 pounds including delivery to Spain. Don't we all fill our luggage with an eclectic mix of stuff on a visit from the UK? And not just stuff we can't buy here but stuff that's so outrageously overpriced we wait until a UK trip to pick one up. Or is this just us? : )
Lots of things are cheaper here too of course. Cost of living for one. It's a case of swings and roundabouts I guess but some of the prices asked here do boggle the mind.
Bruixot

IP Logged

ddspain
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jan 30th, 2013 at 10:47am
Print Post  
We also got a good deal through Catalan friends, but I think that it is a bit derogatory saying that anyone ripped off, or lied to is a sucker. That has probably happened to many people on here.

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Jan 30th, 2013 at 11:11am
Print Post  
Funny you should say that as I was just discussing the term with my partner. If you are ripped off by someone then you were considered to be a sucker by them. It depends on your point of view. I consider someone taken as a sucker to be the wounded party and the ripper offer as the parasite. We are all suckers to someone. Apparently google can make 5000dollars tracking your data in exchange for using their 'free' services. Maybe we should invent a new term than sucker as surely the rippers off are the leeches here. I feel for anyone who was tricked/fooled into paying over the odds (it has happened to me too with some things) but surely then trying to pass that off to someone else makes you(and by you i dont mean any one person personally) as bad or at least another part of the problem.
It's an ethics issue. It's one of the reasons I'd be no good in business. I feel guilty making a profit. Nothing wrong with some profit it's their/your living but price gouging is something else surely?
I'm not trying to offend anyone it's not my style. I prefer reasoned discussion and rational exchange of views and ideas.
Bruixot

IP Logged

Eddie_Torres
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Jan 30th, 2013 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Sounds like you had the, or one of the few honest Estate Agents out there actually telling you the truth.

What the Spanish say and do is not always legal or correct, shocking isn't it....

Quote:
It's not only the Spanish estate agents who talk complete rubbish !
I recently had an English agent try to convince me that you could not split parcelas and sell off part plots,as the Spanish do when they sell a shack on a quarter acre allotment !
Estate agents seem to have the opinion all brits don't have a clue with regard to land and house sales.

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Jan 30th, 2013 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
Bruixot, we have just finished building a house here and we have bought so many things in/from the UK as they are so expensive here.  Good quality lighting, crockery, bed linen and towels to name but a few. 

I doubt very much that we could sell our house for the amount it has cost to build it but we aren't planning on going anywhere so it isn't a problem.

IP Logged

bruixot
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Jan 30th, 2013 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Hey Pondgirl
We too won't be able to realize the value of the place except by happily living in it for the next forty years. : )

IP Logged

gyronut44
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Jan 30th, 2013 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
hi, i would like to finish my property and get the use of it also but am now worried about the theft going on ,my property is in ginestar area,
i bought 2 parcels of land in 2006 and probably paid over the odds for them but i built on one which just about makes the purchase price ok,but i cant build on the other so it is now not worth a fraction of what i paid for it ,unless the rules and economy change over there it will probably remain worthless for evermore,
the thought of all these parcels of land never being used again and there are dozens of them near ginestar, is crazy ,
thousands of hectares doing nothing ,producing nothing and just left to be overgrown doesnt make sense,
the spanish government needs to give incentives to landowners to grow and produce on their land then maybe spain can get out of the rather large hole its found its self in,
kinda serves the country right for alienating the incomers and making peoples life difficult,
the thieving scum that float about stealing off everybody cant help either Angry

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Jan 31st, 2013 at 10:03am
Print Post  
Spain has no money left for incentives its a broke country.

IP Logged

El_Alto

Dutch and Curious

Reply #24 - Jan 31st, 2013 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Quote:
thousands of hectares doing nothing ,producing nothing and just left to be overgrown doesnt make sense, Angry

It make sense if you see it as 'natural area' or 'protected land' or....if you want to (financially) protect the owners of buildable land.

I agree this wont help the local economy, but it is the same political story in Holland or the UK I suppose.

mark

IP Logged

Jeff
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It's not only the Spanish estate agents who talk complete rubbish !
I recently had an English agent try to convince me that you could not split parcelas and sell off part plots,as the Spanish do when they sell a shack on a quarter acre allotment !
Estate agents seem to have the opinion all brits don't have a clue with regard to land and house sales.

Actually, there are clear restrictions on if and how various types of rural land can be split into smaller plots. This depends on whether the land is irrigated, non-irrigated or forest land, and it's the agriculture department that determines exactly how the land is divided.

With regard to land prices, the Generalitat's tax dept issues minimum prices per hectare for different types of crops, for every village in Catalonia.

And the Catastro value of the land is also a pointer to the minimum land value.

As Jools rightly points out, lots of other factors come into play and at the end of the day a piece of land is worth what someone else is prepared to pay for it.

But hey, I might be talking complete rubbish, after all I'm a British estate agent! Wink

Jeff

AICAT reg. 2671

IP Logged

El_Alto

Dutch and Curious

Reply #26 - Feb 2nd, 2013 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Quote:
And the Catastro value of the land is also a pointer to the minimum land value.

I doubt this statement, the last catastro value I have seen for my 10 hectares of land is 185 euro. Grin

IP Logged

fatphil
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Feb 3rd, 2013 at 11:57am
Print Post  
El Alto,
May I ask where you got your last Catastral figure from ?
When I asked in the Adjuntament for my rateable value,from the land registry,I was told it was nothing to do with them and I should go to the Basa.

IP Logged

El_Alto

Dutch and Curious

Reply #28 - Feb 3rd, 2013 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Hi Phil,

I suppose the BASE indeed can tell you. I saw it on a computerscreen at the ayuntament in the procedure for a building permit. It looks like they had an on-line connection to the BASE. They probably have to, as they are collecting the IBI, based on the valor catastral.

Mark

IP Logged

El_Alto

Dutch and Curious

Reply #29 - Feb 3rd, 2013 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Hi Phil,

I just rember the valor catestral was also on the copia simple I received after I bought the finca.

Mark

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top