Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
 25 Decent Estate Agents ? (Read 29981 times)
nen
Ex Member

Re: Decent Estate Agents ?
Reply #15 - Apr 29th, 2013 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:
CoolHear what you say Nobrot, but cross a copper be-it in Spain or the UK and they will get you weather your guilty or not. Even more so out here cos we are the foreigners.

I just don't like people who slag off Estate Agent A, and l don't think "being well known" sounds like  proof to me. While saying the sun shines out of Estate Agents B B--side
GET THE PROOF and I'll listen to your arguments Sad

well said Bob  Smiley

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Apr 29th, 2013 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
If a member of this forum has had either a good or a bad experience with professionals surely they are within their rights to say so?  People have made bad comments about restaurants in the review section without everyone having a hissy fit, why can't we say something negative about Estate Agents?  Are they 'special'?  Half of the members of this forum are always moaning about the illegal or immoral things that the Spanish/Catalans do without providing 'evidence'. I seem to remember someone making allegations about a specific water provider (or something) recently, even giving their address.  How was that different?

I think the comment "grow up or ship out" was pretty unnecessary too but I guess you were just expressing yourself.

IP Logged

skibob
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Apr 30th, 2013 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
SmileyThat is what a forum is for, to express yourself. But not to spread gossip. You can not treat the Internet like the garden gate.

Ref the Water Coy. The difference Pondgirl that l have proof, l don't act on rumors. l'm a foreigner in their country so l have to except it as it is, warts and all
The term " grow up or ship out" is  a Naval term, you either "grow up"  except the situation that you are in and not listen to gossip or rumors. "  Ship out " is as it says, go away and bleat to somebody else in  another Mess.( Ships Quarters ) Smiley

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #18 - Apr 30th, 2013 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
Hi all,
I am a little confused must be my age or medication but have we left estate agents and are we now onto seafarers because if so many years ago I once had a bad experience on Lake Windermere where I became seasick ( can one get seasick on a lake. )
Yours a confused Bulldog.

IP Logged

munkonminor

Reply #19 - Apr 30th, 2013 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Was it your turn in the barrel.............

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #20 - Apr 30th, 2013 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Hi all,
This subject is really moving along at a lick now, have we now moved on to brewers !!!!!!!!!!!!
Yours, HIC a tipsy Bulldog.

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Apr 30th, 2013 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
Quote:
SmileyThat is what a forum is for, to express yourself. But not to spread gossip. You can not treat the Internet like the garden gate.

Ref the Water Coy. The difference Pondgirl that l have proof, l don't act on rumors. l'm a foreigner in their country so l have to except it as it is, warts and all
The term " grow up or ship out" is  a Naval term, you either "grow up"  except the situation that you are in and not listen to gossip or rumors. "  Ship out " is as it says, go away and bleat to somebody else in  another Mess.( Ships Quarters ) Smiley

The internet and forums are whatever people want them to be, it isn't up to you to tell people how they use it.  If they want to gossip and exchange rumours ie treat it like the garden gate then they can. If anything breaks the forum rules I'm sure Nigel or one of the admins will deal with it promptly. 

Do you know for a fact that Eddie was only talking about rumours, that he doesn't know anything for a fact?  I know for a fact that Ton Batle acted very well for us and we had no problems but I accept that there people might say that they did.  You mentioned someone who works for myspanishhome as being good, which was the exact opposite of the experience of friends of mine, they found her unprofessional and unpleasant and they weren't the only ones to tell me that,  they couldn't provide written evidence but I believe them when they tell me what they experienced.

Talking about bad experiences isn't any more gossip and rumour than talking about good experiences.  For all I know someone on here could say that they thought a particular estate agent was really good because they work for them or you could say someone is bad because you work for the opposition.  Surely the "grown up" thing to do is listen to what everyone says and work things out for yourself?

If you told me to "grow up or ship out" I would take it that you were telling me to pee off, but that is probably because like 99% of forum members I haven't been in the navy.

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Apr 30th, 2013 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Quote:

The internet and forums are whatever people want them to be, it isn't up to you to tell people how they use it.  If they want to gossip and exchange rumours ie treat it like the garden gate then they can. If anything breaks the forum rules I'm sure Nigel or one of the admins will deal with it promptly. 

Do you know for a fact that Eddie was only talking about rumours, that he doesn't know anything for a fact?  I know for a fact that Ton Batle acted very well for us and we had no problems but I accept that there people might say that they did.  You mentioned someone who works for myspanishhome as being good, which was the exact opposite of the experience of friends of mine, they found her unprofessional and unpleasant and they weren't the only ones to tell me that,  they couldn't provide written evidence but I believe them when they tell me what they experienced.

Talking about bad experiences isn't any more gossip and rumour than talking about good experiences.  For all I know someone on here could say that they thought a particular estate agent was really good because they work for them or you could say someone is bad because you work for the opposition.  Surely the "grown up" thing to do is listen to what everyone says and work things out for yourself?

If you told me to "grow up or ship out" I would take it that you were telling me to pee off, but that is probably because like 99% of forum members I haven't been in the navy.

well excuse me pondgirl ,myspanishomes have sold two of our properties for us in the last two years and we  also bought one from them last sept. they are very nice people always polite and very helpful .i dont think they would like to here that there name is being banded on here as bad people. i think its about time nigel and rita sorted this one out its getting past a joke  Angry

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Apr 30th, 2013 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Dear oh dear nen, I was reporting what two separate couples have told me about their experiences.  I never said that they were 'bad people' just that others had not enjoyed the same level of service that you claim to have had.   I was pointing out that we need to be circumspect when reading the opinions of others, especially when we don't know them. 

I didn't get into a hissy fit when someone on here rubbished Ton Batle when we had only had good experiences of him, I'm grown up enough to know that experiences vary.  How many people on here rubbish Ryanair?  I've never had any problems with them in the seven years that I have been using them but I'm not so blinkered by my own opinions that I refuse to believe what other people have experienced.

I'm not  sure what you think needs to be sorted out but if people cannot make comments about bad experiences they have had with Estate Agents then we should also ban bad restaurant reviews and comments about builder's merchants.  They too are only hearsay after all.

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Apr 30th, 2013 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Dear oh dear nen, I was reporting what two separate couples have told me about their experiences.  I never said that they were 'bad people' just that others had not enjoyed the same level of service that you claim to have had.   I was pointing out that we need to be circumspect when reading the opinions of others, especially when we don't know them. 
I didn't get into a hissy fit when someone on here rubbished Ton Batle when we had only had good experiences of him, I'm grown up enough to know that experiences vary.  How many people on here rubbish Ryanair?  I've never had any problems with them in the seven years that I have been using them but I'm not so blinkered by my own opinions that I refuse to believe what other people have experienced.

I'm not  sure what you think needs to be sorted out but if people cannot make comments about bad experiences they have had with Estate Agents then we should also ban bad restaurant reviews and comments about builder's merchants.  They too are only hearsay after all.

oh i give up  Angry

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Apr 30th, 2013 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
i have phoned stephanie at myspanishomes and told her what is being said on here and she is not at all pleased . stephanie and steve told me to tell you if you have anything to say go to there office and say it to there face not band things about them on here . they told me a message of complaint as been sent to nigel .

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Apr 30th, 2013 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
Good for you.  If Nigel wants to ban me for saying that friends of mine found found an estate agent unprofessional and unpleasant he is welcome to do so.

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Apr 30th, 2013 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
Can we also ban atrocious spelling of the English language on this forum please, it makes my skin crawl...!

If we complain about everything, how very British we still are.

Is there not a spell checker on here Nigel for those who need it?

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Apr 30th, 2013 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
I think that now extends to grammar as well.

I have no idea what the foreign members of the forum must think, I personally know a couple of them from Holland, and there are also members from Spain/Catalunya.

I think the local word is.............'hostia' for things that are classed as unbelievable, even though it literally means the host in the Catholic religion.

I suppose it's the same as us saying 'Jesus Christ' when something is unexplicable......who knows?

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #29 - May 1st, 2013 at 7:38am
Print Post  
Morning Jools, I would be surprised if some of our non English  members would actually be able to translate some of the posts on here and yes complaining and moaning are very British traits aren't they? It is one of the things that spoils going back to the UK for me.

As for "Hostia!" it's a bit of an all purpose swear word.  Our catalan teacher encouraged us not to use it as older people still consider it blasphemous but you can hear it being used every day round here.  During the Franco era you could actually be arrested if you were heard to use it which is probably some people are stil about twitchy about it.

Happy May Day, onwards and upwards.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top