Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Cedula de habitabilidad (Read 10657 times)
Vilalba
Ex Member

Cedula de habitabilidad
May 22nd, 2013 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
Like many brits,we bought our country property 6 years ago not knowing we needed a "cedula"..for at least to enable us to sell it on.Although our property was initially built as an almacen 12 years ago,we have got the original architect plans, mains electricity, and even our padron.So we need to know whats the easiest way to obtain a cedula.I did read a while ago that someone suggested that these were "easy" enough to obtain with "dinero"?? Any suggestions ??

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Re: Cedula de habitabilidad
Reply #1 - May 22nd, 2013 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Much easier and quicker to obtain these now?
Most estate agents will be able to give you advice, names and telephone numbers.
Otherwise contact Sergi 666462309. English speaking.

IP Logged

Ernie
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 23rd, 2013 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
Hi,my house was built as an almacen,i had to prove it's constuction was prior to 1984,got it all sorted by xavier rollen in tortosa for 300 euros{english speaking architect}.

IP Logged

Jeff
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 26th, 2013 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
Thanks Ernie

Just to clarify, when you got your cédula it was essential to prove that part of your house existed before 1984. (You may remember that the Catastro's Tarragona office unearthed an old paper map from the 1940's!).

Around the middle of last year the requirements changed though, and it's no longer necessary to prove a rural house is pre-1984 to get a cédula.

That said, if any of you are selling a house on the 'campo' and can prove it is pre-1984, or that there was originally planning permission for a dwelling, it's definitely worth doing.

Jeff

IP Logged

ulrika
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 26th, 2013 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
Hello Jeff, everything ok I hope Smiley

So from last year you don't have to prove it was built before 1984 to get a cedula, what are the requirements to get a cedula now then? What do you have to do and fulfil to get a cedula?

I think I have heard everything from can't be done, to no problems...

IP Logged

Jeff
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 27th, 2013 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
Hi Ulrika! All good here, thanks  Smiley

As from the middle of last year and as far as I am aware, buildings now only have to meet minimum habitation standards: total area, room sizes, ventilation, etc. There has to be a kitchen area and a WC/bathroom. The minimums are pretty basic and min. area/room sizes are small.

Hope this helps!

Jeff
(estate agent)

IP Logged

ulrika
Ex Member

Reply #6 - May 27th, 2013 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Is there anywhere one can find specifications written down?

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 29th, 2013 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
We have been to the 'Habitatge' offices in Tortosa to sort out our Cedula and they have been very helpful.  The offices are very easy to find - opposite side of the roundabout from Sidrería Amets:   http://www10.gencat.cat/sac/AppJava/organisme_fitxa.jsp?codi=14450

They should have the information you need Ulrika but you will have to take a Spanish/Catalan speaker with you if you aren't reasonably fluent.

IP Logged

briand6868

Here, wishing I was there

Reply #8 - May 29th, 2013 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
Evening all, excuse me if I'm being a total mug here but can anyone outline what advantages there are to having a cedula if you are not going to sell and have no intention of ever doing so.
Thanks,
Brian.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #9 - May 30th, 2013 at 8:14am
Print Post  
I believe that you may be asked to produce a cedula, for instance if your electricity supply is cut, for some reason or other etc.
Also if anything happens to you, won't it make it a bit easier for
your family to deal with things, afterwards.

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #10 - May 30th, 2013 at 8:46am
Print Post  
'Never say never!'

IP Logged

ulrika
Ex Member

Reply #11 - May 30th, 2013 at 10:17am
Print Post  
@Pondgirl Catalan will, but haven´t yet, be learnt. And discussing cedulas is, probably, beyond what one can do with sign and bodylanguage.

This "Cedula" is like the unicorn to us, something mythical,  mysterious, and noone seems to know much about it, but much sought after and a lot of people want one.

Could you tell us what the habitatge said about cedulas? Requirements? Har to get? Can be done if you..? Anything?

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #12 - May 30th, 2013 at 11:41am
Print Post  
When we contacted Sergi, he came out to the house,
looked at paperwork, went on computer, and told us
that we would be able to get one, without any problems.
That was a couple of years ago, when things were more difficult and complicated then.
He helped other friends, who had more complicated issues.
He wasn't charging people if he thought it impossible to get one.
Seems anyone? can get one now and things are so much easier and quicker.

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #13 - May 30th, 2013 at 11:50am
Print Post  
We have built a new house in a village and we have to have a cedula because Endesa will not connect us to the domestic electricity supply without one. So I suspect you may be right Rita about not getting re-connected without one.

Brian it is ony costing us €33 to do this and as has been said it means that you have all the documentation in place when the house needs to be sold/inherited in the future.

It's not difficult for us because we have all the required documentation for a new build including the 'obras final' which gives the exact size of the house and each room.

Ulrika, I don't know what is needed for houses other than our brand new one.  You have to be the owner of the property to apply for it though and you can't sell without one.

IP Logged

briand6868

Here, wishing I was there

Reply #14 - May 30th, 2013 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Hi all, thanks for all that info. we won't be selling cos our hovel in the hills is worth about 30% of what we've paid/spent on it over the past few years but for the sake of not much money it seems like a good move to get one now while things are easier.
Brian. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top