Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Flights (Read 2283 times)
Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Flights
Jun 11th, 2013 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Many flights are delayed today due to French air traffic control.
Strikes for 3 days?

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Re: Flights
Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2013 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
My friends Son was delayed for 4 hours out of Barcelona because of the French strike, and he said that he can claim back around 400 Euros for the inconvenience, check out this site.

http://www.flight-delayed.co.uk/

don't know how true this is before anyone gets their knickers in a twist!!!!!!

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 11th, 2013 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
Oh quell surprise !!!!  holiday time is it.Who pays for this purile inconvenience ? not the bleeding french I'll bet.

IP Logged

skibob
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 10:15am
Print Post  
That's why l like to use the small airports in the UK, any problems between workers and staff is settled down the pub.

IP Logged

Pondgirl
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Quote:
That's why l like to use the small airports in the UK, any problems between workers and staff is settled down the pub.

ATC's are public employees though.  I don't think you would want them going down the pub either  Cheesy

In-laws flew back from Barcelona to Gatwick with BA yesterday afternoon.  They were delayed by about an hour and the flight took a bit longer but they were very happy with everything (thank goodness)

IP Logged

skibob
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
ATC belong to a Union, Don't all unions meet  down the pub.

I have flown with Ryanair about 25 times in the last 5 years, and have never once been late or delayed. Unlike BA. I would sooner get on a bus and arrive at the allotted time than get a taxis and be late.
You ask world wide travellers about BA and they will tell you that they have a bad reputation. There is only one airline as bad as BA, and that's Yemeni Airways.

IP Logged

Pondgirl
God Member

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
I agree about Ryanair.  I've flown with them many times and never had a problem.  I've never flown with Ba so couldn't speak from experience.  I was just glad that in-laws had a minimal delay considering the circumstances.

Having said that as well as cancelling flights to France Ryanair also cancelled all of their flights to and from Spain from Tuesday afternoon and all day Wednesday which will have inconvenienced thousands of people, even though there was no industrial action here and all the other airlines were flying.  I'm guessing that they thought it was better than being subject to delays but it must have inconvenienced 1000's of people.

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Bob, fully agree with you on Ryanair. The mass of downsides are more than covered by the cheap fares and on time service.
BA is bad but comparing it to Yemania is stretching it. I  have flown regularly with both, the service may have similarities but the remarkable thing about Yemania was the way they collected the Kalashnikovs and jambias in a wheelbarrow from the boarding customers and handed them out at the other end.  Grin

IP Logged

TommyAir
YaBB Newbies

Forum newbie

Reply #8 - Jan 4th, 2019 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
It's crucial to know your rights in case of prolonged delay or cancellation due to airline's fault. Recently I had an experience with easyjet and succeeded to get 600 Euro compensation after my long-haul flight was delayed for 7 hours. I acted according to this guidelines: https://medium.com/@traveld/easyjet-flight-delay-compensation-2e85dd60a054
Know your rights and be cautious!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top