Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
 25 hunting (Read 19305 times)
mitchell4
Ex Member

hunting
Jul 19th, 2013 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Hi
Does anyone know how to apply for a private hunting licence for your land ?
thanks
Helen

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Re: hunting
Reply #1 - Jul 19th, 2013 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
You're not bloody hunting on my land,use your own.

IP Logged

mitchell4
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 21st, 2013 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
hmm - grammatical error on my part ...
any other thoughts on the hunting issue - don't fancy dogs and guns appearing on MY land whenever they want

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2013 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
Ignore Nobrot.  He can't take the sun anymore Smiley
Don't quote me but this is how I understand the situation (I'd be glad to be corrected).
The only way you can get a shooting/hunting licence is to be a member of a hunters (casadores) association.  You can (and some do) then shoot anything that has it's back to the sun.  Some of them use shotguns to bring down small birds ???
The irony is that if you have just an air rifle, you aren't allowed to shoot any living thing (not even rabbits or rats) even on your own land.  Some Guardia Civil who saw me with my air rifle on my land told me I had to go to the local town hall for a permit.  I don't know if this is a licence to own a gun or to shoot vermin etc.  I'll let you know when I get around to applying.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

LaRapita
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 21st, 2013 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
I was told that no one has a right to come onto someone else's land, to hunt or anything, but traditionally they do unless you say not to.
And, that if you contact the relevant cazadores society, they will come an put signs on your boundary saying that it is private (to the owner) hunting. Not sure if that works well though.

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 21st, 2013 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
Once they know there is someone living there they will usually give it a wide berth.However expect to get the odd peppering once in a while

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #6 - Jul 21st, 2013 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
When I first came here eight years ago, I'd brought the UK attitudes with me (keep off my land etc.) but after a while I realised they were doing me a favour by helping to keep the rabbits down, albeit never a total solution.  The only thing I moan at them about now is if they let their dogs rummage around the garden area or if they pepper me or the house with shot (it's happened a few times.)
The local land owners don't seem to have a problem with it so why should we ?

IP Logged

El_Alto

Dutch and Curious

Reply #7 - Jul 21st, 2013 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
Hi Helen,

I just put some signs on my land with "finca particular, PROHIBIDO CAZAR". Works fine. Ones a year or so there is a hunter who does not respect the signs. That is alway a good day for me to do some work with the chainsaw or brushcutter on the finca Grin

Mark

IP Logged

munkonminor

Reply #8 - Jul 21st, 2013 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
I have a problem with it, they litter the place with spent cartridges, regularly shower the house or almacen with shot, their dogs have run through the house to say nothing of the damage they are doing to the dwindling bird population.

They are not supposed to shoot within so many metres of a house but seem to take no notice even when they can see people around the property.

Fortunately it is getting very expensive so the numbers have dropped in the last few years but If the "locals" want to do it then let them buy their own land to do it on.......

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jul 22nd, 2013 at 7:01am
Print Post  
Quote:
I was told that no one has a right to come onto someone else's land, to hunt or anything, but traditionally they do unless you say not to.
And, that if you contact the relevant cazadores society, they will come an put signs on your boundary saying that it is private (to the owner) hunting. Not sure if that works well though.

We did it through the Medi Ambient offices in Amposta.  Took all the usual documents with us and they contacted the local hunting society and provided the official signs.  Didn't cost us anything.  That was about five years ago and so far so good.

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #10 - Jul 22nd, 2013 at 8:39am
Print Post  
I usually just ask them to hunt somewhere else, politely of course, as I have donkeys goats pigs ducks and chickens. Never had a problem with the locals, as I know them all.
Also most of them can't be arsed to come this far up the mountain Smiley
I have a very loud music system by the pool too, that helps Wink

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

JamJarChris

Power to the peaceful

Reply #11 - Jul 22nd, 2013 at 8:49am
Print Post  
We used to have the hunters all the time - we are not too far up the mountain so in easy reach of what I call the 'breakfast hunters' as opposed to the 'proper ones who are out at 6am.

They have a big breakfast in the village and then pop up and blast away at anything and everything.

Had the house sprayed once or twice, so as per Pondgirl - went to the Medi Ambient and after about 6 months, the signs were put up. No trouble since, and less every year as it is becoming more expensive for them.

The whole of the mountain is 'hunting zone' unless otherwise specified, and you need to have a licence to hunt if you wish to shoot, even on your own land.

quod ambit, redit
GTalk  
IP Logged

patang
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jul 27th, 2013 at 10:25am
Print Post  
Bigyin wrote on Jul 21st, 2013 at 7:43pm:
When I first came here eight years ago, I'd brought the UK attitudes with me (keep off my land etc.) but after a while I realised they were doing me a favour by helping to keep the rabbits down, albeit never a total solution.  The only thing I moan at them about now is if they let their dogs rummage around the garden area or if they pepper me or the house with shot (it's happened a few times.)
The local land owners don't seem to have a problem with it so why should we ?

Obviously not in our situation, yesterday we had 2 men releasing rabbits on our land, no requests could they, just went ahead.

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #13 - Jul 27th, 2013 at 10:46am
Print Post  
Why would they release rabbits when there are millions of the little blighters around already ?

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #14 - Jul 27th, 2013 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
Bigyin wrote on Jul 27th, 2013 at 10:46am:
Why would they release rabbits when there are millions of the little blighters around already ?

Where have you been Bigyin, this is E.U. year of the rabbit ever heard of Bugs Bunny, the rabbit strikes back.
Yours a diplomatic rabbit loving ( CENSORED ) Bulldog.
Power to the rabbits a ( you have been warned once censored from big Nige and his enforcer Rita. )

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top