Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Cost of rail travel ?? (Read 2383 times)
Vilalba
Ex Member

Cost of rail travel ??
Jul 23rd, 2013 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
I will be travelling next month to Murcia by train,and have noticed on Renfre web site that there are various fares(flexible,fixed etc) which I have never seen before..Does anyone know what the actual price is if you just turn up at the station without pre booking,ie is it the cheapest fare on the website ???

IP Logged

cherryfarms
Ex Member

Re: Cost of rail travel ??
Reply #1 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Hi . Our friends travelled from Tarragona to Alicante, ( Just short of Murcia ) Said it was a very good journey, cost 34 euros one way, and they booked at a travel agents in Alicante. Hope this helps a little. Jan

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Hey Vilalba,
In August most of Spain (If not all) will be on Holiday,therefore some long distance trains could well be full at certain times? Booking in advance for the train & time you want (If you can) may be a wise thing.  Rob

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
Good advice about booking ahead.  Absolutely essential I'd say, there's no standing room, seats only.

IP Logged

David
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Hello. It will be risky just turning up at the station prior to departure time. It is not like UK where once you have a ticket you can get on a train, even if you have to stand all the way.
Your pre-booking will mean you have a seat on a specific train.
The cost from L'Aldea is about €47 single. You can also do the journey by coach. ALSA do tarragona - murcia for €44 but it is an overnighter

IP Logged

David
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 23rd, 2013 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
PS
Forgot to say. If you are 60 and over, get yourself a tarjeta dorada (gold card) for about €5. You can get up to 40% discount so you can get your money back and more on one journey.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top