Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Fire Fly Car Hire - hidden charges ripp off (Read 2645 times)
philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Fire Fly Car Hire - hidden charges ripp off
Nov 15th, 2013 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
Hi all I just thought I would make others aware of the latest ,well suppose it,s been going on for a while hidden price jack up.
I got car at reasonable price through holiday autos,CDW inc in there price    ,informed of the fuel fiddle at time of booking, pay over the odds + vat for full tank bring back empty LOL!!!!! well mine was running on fumes on return  Wink
The main concern is that I was forced into paying for there CDW a extra 72 euros + vat even though I told them it was included in the Holiday autos price, but they were not going to let  me have a car without it Angry and as I had already paid holiday autos and the fact that if I a had told them to stick it, and gone to another company in EL Prat , god knows how much some of the others would have charged, I was screwed.
Holiday autos "no hidden extras" the price you see is the price you pay  well how come It,s cost me a extra 160 euros Angry
Yet another hire car company and  brokers i def wont be using again.
so lets think no more  solmar ,no Hertz ,no Goldcar ,no Firefly  getting more and more like Centrau was the best I have delt with.

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Re: Fire Fly Car Hire - hidden charges ripp off
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2013 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
I usually use Argus, I had a car for 8 days in Oct from Firefly it cost 120 Euro incl CDW and a full tank. They tried hard to pressure me into taking out the excess insurance at 46 Euro but I refused. The car was good and I had no problems.  Smiley

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Did Holiday Autos not issue you with an invoice for your payment Phil?

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #3 - Nov 17th, 2013 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
All the car hire companies are trying to make you pay extra if you book through a third party.
I have found fire fly as being a very reliable company (part of hertz) providing you refuse the extra unnecessary insurance. I recommend them to everyone, and have had no complaints.

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Nov 18th, 2013 at 5:46am
Print Post  
Hi all yes I had the holiday Auto,s paperwork with me there and showed them it, and yes Jack I tried to refuse the extra CDW as I have always done !!! when they try and push it on you ,but as I said all there paperwork was already printed out ,not the norm ? she just added my driving license details and phone number, and was definatly not going to give me the car without paying ,unlike all my previous hires ,and I have been doing this for allot of years now.
And I was amazed that they can bang on the extra 21% vat on the CDW and the fuel charge ,I suppose they can stick this on what they like Huh this car in the end cost me £400 for 3 weeks hire that,s £240 holiday autos and £160 to firefly.
I have emailed  Holiday Autos about this  and as expected they explained that this was a optional payment CDW well I did not see it that way, I felt like it was blackmail !pay or go away.
Thanks for letting me get this of my chest Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top