Fires (Read 4540 times)
cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Fires
Dec 7th, 2013 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
What would you do if one of your neighbours repeatedly lights bonfires on their land in the middle of the afternoon.
Where I am there are no fires to be lit after midday and they must be out by 1 pm.
I would hate to denounce them, as that's not my way, but there is serious communication problems.
Very tempted to phone mossos, as I can't afford to lose my farm through somebody else's stupidity

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Re: Fires
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2013 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
Our neighbours do the same thing here. Any time of day or night.
One, lights several small fires at a time, on his land.
Another one never takes anything to the bins, so burns everything, plastic etc. etc.
When we are about to burn anything, we go round to the next door neighbour and ask them to take any washing indoors.
But, they don't bother if they burn, and my washing is out.
Bet these people don't have any licences anyway!

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 7th, 2013 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
cactus jack wrote on Dec 7th, 2013 at 6:56pm:
What would you do if one of your neighbours repeatedly lights bonfires on their land in the middle of the afternoon.
Where I am there are no fires to be lit after midday and they must be out by 1 pm.
I would hate to denounce them, as that's not my way, but there is serious communication problems.
Very tempted to phone mossos, as I can't afford to lose my farm through somebody else's stupidity

I'd denounce them...they'd do it to you Smiley

IP Logged

domingo
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 8th, 2013 at 10:15am
Print Post  
Under Order MAB/62/2003 (decret 64/1995 7 de marc) of the Generalitat de Catalunya Department of Agricultura, burning is permitted in all rural localities between 8:00 am and 17:00 pm, every day of the week between the 16th October and 14th of March, using a licence granted at you local ajuntament office - Simply a case of go there, ask, and ye shall receive.

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 8th, 2013 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Cactus, My current burning licence issued in October this year through Els Reguers Town Hall (For the Tortosa Council area) gives the dates & times Domingo refers to.My previous licence For the months March through to June 14th restricted burning to certain days & as you have mentioned also restricted the times for burning,which were between 6.00am and 12 midday.

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 8th, 2013 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Our licence is issued by Alfara and is for 9.00 - 5.00 every day.  However, our neighbours down from Tarragona are not bothered about that.  Their fire was burning strongly at 6.00 last night and again 08.30 t his morning.  Presumably they damped it down over night but a few strong gusts of wind and the Els Ports would have been ablaze, and I, more than anyone, should know the risks of that happening are high.

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #6 - Dec 8th, 2013 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Thanks for info folks. I never do any burning as my animals eat everything that doesn't go on the fire in the house, so I have never had to get a license.
Spoke with the neighbour behind my finca  this morning and he said that he would make sure everything is out by 5 in future.
It's easy when you talk to people Smiley

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

Nobrot
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 8th, 2013 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
I seriously don't know why anybody bothers.We get our licence and no burning on a sunday...I presume it's the Bombers day off,It was like Saddam Hussains scorched earth policy this afternoon in the valley.

Apologies for the slight exaggeration

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #8 - Dec 8th, 2013 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
Same here.
Not only is it a Sunday, but Inmaculada Concepcion aswell.
You just would not burn or shoot in the U.K on a Sunday or special Bank Holiday.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top