Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Onduvilla roofing sections (Read 6899 times)
briand6868

Here, wishing I was there

Onduvilla roofing sections
Feb 11th, 2014 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
Evening All,
               Just want to see if anyone has used this product and what they think of it, good or bad. I intend to use it to upgrade a gazebo roof from bamboo to a more robust material.
Thanks,
          Brian.

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Re: Onduvilla roofing sections
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Hi Brian, Check it out here. How much a sqmt does it cost in Spain?

http://www.topix.com/forum/business/mobile-homes/TI5ILPFSS8HEDS7UQ

IP Logged

briand6868

Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
Hi Smidge,
             I've seen it in several places including Fereteria Rodrigues Garcia in Tortosa for e21 per pack ( on sale ). Each sheet is 106cm  x  40cm and there are 7 sheets in a pack. There are also special screws that you buy, by the same company, that work well with the sheets. It looks really well and seems simple enough to install and also the small size of the sheets mean if one gets torn off or damaged its easier and cheaper the replace than say the 2mtr  x 1 mtr type sheets of other products. I'll be doing it over Easter so I'll post up how I get on. Smiley

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 13th, 2014 at 10:46am
Print Post  
Hi Brian.
Thats almost 60 Euro sqm. Do you have to lay it down on top of Ply or OSB ?

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #4 - Feb 13th, 2014 at 11:17am
Print Post  
I just looked at the instruction video on you tube. It looks like a lot of work and you need a lot of extra bits.
I hope your roof is not in an exposed site, because where I am those tiles would last about 10 minutes once the mistral wind hits.
Also there are many spaces for wasps nests, and I think the heat of the sun would deteriorate the finish very quickly.
Might try it on my pigs sty

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

briand6868

Reply #5 - Feb 13th, 2014 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Hi Smidge, I reckon the cost is about 10e per sq m as 3 pieces give 1.06m  x  1.2m and there are 7 pieces for 21e so with my 14 sq m to cover I'm hoping it works out quite reasonable. Its just a covering, no gutters or gulleys or joints so with a bit of luck it should be easy to install. I've seen it done on a " joist and batten" type structure aswell as the joists covered with osb but need to see which option suits me best. It seems to be a kind of moulded bitumin product so I'm hoping should last but if all comes to all I'll just do it with the sheets everyone else seems to use  Smiley

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 13th, 2014 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Hi Brian, Sorry I misunderstood the sizing per pack. 10e sq mt. is not too bad. If you use ply or OSB it will drive the price up. I would be a bit concerned about some of the postings concerning long term life. Anyway I would be interested to know how you get on if you use it.  Smiley

IP Logged

briand6868

Reply #7 - Apr 23rd, 2014 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
Hi Smidge,
             Didn't use it in the end and opted for corrugated plastic stuff on a roll - nearly dropped at the price 30e per mtr + iva so 270e for the amount I needed. Fixed it to the joists using the onduvilla nails which have the little " top hat" thing on each head and its worked out really well. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top