Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 25 UK TV The cheap alternative.. (Read 17137 times)
macmaster
Ex Member

Re: UK TV The cheap alternative..
Reply #15 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
My solution if it helps anybody great but its working for me.
Im on eurona and am limited to 10gb per month download no use for streaming.
I upgraded to the L package which gives me 20gb per month between the hours of 7am and 11pm but unlimited between 11pm and 7am.
I now record all my TV off filmon then download it automatically after 11pm to watch when i want. I now have more channels and catch up TV when i want. I use a samsung galaxy tab which holds the recordings which then streams the recordings to my TV via wifi and an app called i media and the 20gb allows me to watch things live if i miss the recording via the tv guide.

IP Logged

RiumarPat
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
We phoned Eurona they never mentioned this L package, what does this cost? & do you know if one can get this in any location?

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #17 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Here is a site that goes a little way to explaining all about the various VPN services and how they work.

http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/readerpicks/tp/Reasons-to-Use-a-VPN-Service....

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #18 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
Pat, you're not on satellite you're on WiMax. You don't have download limits. The 'L'package is part of the Satellite service.

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Mc Master would you mind explaining this as I am not quiet clear about it, Thank you.
I now record all my TV off filmon then download it automatically after 11pm to watch when i want. [highlight]

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 1:33am
Print Post  
Gosh.........this thread has been going on for ages, what I dont understand is why it is so important to have UK television.

I've lived here for 10 years, ever had satellite UK TV and quite honestly dont want it.

It's full of doom and gloom and soap operas.

There are so many things to do here, and watch decent films on DVD if needed, but UK TV for me .........you can shove it!!!!!!

Sorry.

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 11:57am
Print Post  
Hi jools, we've been here for seven years and have never had UK TV either.  When we moved into our new house a year ago we tried having a satellite dish but gave up because it is too windy here.  If we want to see anything from BBC we use i-Player and download whatever we want to watch later, but it isn't much tbh.  We were thinking of investing in a big dish but it really isn't worth it.  Like you say there's very little worth watching.

IP Logged

nen
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
jools  and  pondgirl if you  have  chosen not to watch uk tv then thats up to you .but for people that want to watch it thats up to them too.all we are trying to do is come up with a way of watching the uk tv programs we like to watch without it costing so much money our 1.2m dish cost us 90e to buy a few years ago but now as we need a BIGGER dish the prices seem to have gone mad around 700e for a 1.8m dish and 1500e for a 2.2m dish maybe if we all wait a few months the prices will come down  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #23 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
Cheaper Dish....... 450 Euro all in. May not be suitable in high winds and not as good quality as the "Nige" dish but if your sheltered it may work for you ????

http://www.britsat.tv/webdocs/Items/Details52.cfm

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Feb 23rd, 2014 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
nen, I'm not suggesting people shouldn't watch  UK TV but I'm not sure how it can be done without costing 'too much money' when it costs a fortune in the UK to begin with.  A licence is about £140 a year and a Sky package of 'entertainment' and sport will set you back another £450-£500 a year.  You can get a lot of broadband for that but you cannot legally access any of it over here as far as I know.

I would happily offer to pay the UK licence in order to access the Beeb but unfortunately it isn't available so we resort to a proxy server to access the few programmes that we do like.  Does anyone know of a legal to do any of this?

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #25 - Feb 24th, 2014 at 7:29am
Print Post  
Quote:
maybe if we all wait a few months the prices will come down  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Doubtful. They have gone up 25 euros in the last year and there is now no demand around Alicante.

Don't forget transport costs when looking at prices. I just paid nearly 400 euros for delivery of the dishes I ordered. If you do a trip to Benidorm or Alicante to pick up your own dish you will be paying 100 euros + in fuel and tolls. Courier is possible; the supplier I use was quoted 500 euros for delivery of a 1.9M dish to Barcelona a year ago - rather excessive!

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #26 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
One of the best Apps that I have tried re all the TV is the following use on your android phone/tablet/box.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.filmon.android.aff38906Te

You can record as well.   Shocked

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #27 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 7:55am
Print Post  
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2568372/Make-viewers-pay-watch-iPlayer-B...

Will not come in until 2017 and will be unenforceable. Good old data protection act. Just thought you would like a read about the thinking at the BBC. They would save millions per year if they closed all their expense accounts.These people at the BBC make MPs fiddling small fry.  Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #28 - Feb 28th, 2014 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Bunter wrote on Feb 23rd, 2014 at 1:09pm:
Cheaper Dish....... 450 Euro all in. May not be suitable in high winds and not as good quality as the "Nige" dish but if your sheltered it may work for you ????

http://www.britsat.tv/webdocs/Items/Details52.cfm

I spoke to Britsat about this - it is a dish they sold 10 years ago but was useless so they stopped selling them. They were paper thin and didn't work. They have now removed the page.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top