Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Curry Resturant Search (Read 17750 times)
Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Curry Resturant Search
Feb 28th, 2014 at 1:01am
Print Post  
All appears very quiet indeed on the curry front has anyone found such a Restaurant similar to the ones in the UK ? You know a nice cold cobra beer, Poppadums, Then lots of dish's you don't eat but cooked the right way. I know there is such a place in Tarragona but anything closer to this neck of the woods ? The last one I went to was opposite the Cathedral in Tortosa.That was a few years ago and the consisted of rice and chicken in a runny yellow watery sauce and was not very nice. The Poppadums were so thin they stuck to the roof of your mouth.They were very nice people but did not have a clue. We can get all the stuff to make it at home buts it's nice to go out now and then and leave the curry smells in their kitchen.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2014 at 8:48am by Bunter »  

IP Logged

David
Ex Member

Re: Curry Resturant Search
Reply #1 - Feb 28th, 2014 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
Try the Ali Baba at Benicarlo if not too far.
They originated in the UK so know what a curry is.
My daughter and son -in -law gave it 10/10. They frequent the curry houses around Bradford so I think they are qualified to judge.
I mentioned the Ali Baba on a previous posting.
I wonder if anyone else can give an opinion ?

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #2 - Mar 1st, 2014 at 3:22am
Print Post  
Just a snip-it for you curry at home birds. At Lidl Deltebre they are selling two pre-packed nans for a Euro. I have had them before and they are very good.

https://foursquare.com/v/lidl-deltebre/527d1bab11d2e1e73c5b05cb

Wink Wink Wink

IP Logged

RosB
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 20th, 2014 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Hi. I'm coming to Tortosa next week and looking for a curry. There is no mention of Sultan or Taj Mahal on here. Is either of them any good/passable/still there. Dying for a curry - even a half baked one! Cheesy  Thanks RosB

IP Logged

ceilidh
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 21st, 2014 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
A bit of hike but the Taj Mahal in St carles very good it is a kebab house but good Indian food on menu also

IP Logged

geandi
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 28th, 2014 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
Had a great curry last night and well worth the trip. Not on everyone's doorstep but the " Taste of India " in Vilafortuny is just as you would expect an English style Indian to be . We have had some shocking meals here served up as   "Indian" but this one is worth the trip .Ask for Harry who speaks perfect English. The address is  Av Diputacian 167 . phone  977352105. Tongue

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #6 - Jun 29th, 2014 at 2:48am
Print Post  
I have emailed Harry re opening times as I can not find them anywhere.  Embarrassed  It follows they are open lunch times as they do menu of the day for 9.90 between 1pm and 3pm.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taste-of-India/456480034482067

Teléfono      977 35 21 05
Email. tasteofindiavillafortuny1@gmail.com

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187503-d6599619-r209197783-Taste_of_...

https://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&pc=FACEBK&mid=8100&rtp=adr.~pos.41.07...

One of the recent reviews from trip advisor.

“Excellent Authentic Indian one of the best I've found in Spain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Went last weekend with my wife small restaurant between Cambrils & Saloy at Vilafortuny, close to the Mucky Duck, if you know the area.

Pleasant welcome in a lovely clean restaurant smelled authentic, with a superb menu, can heartily recommend the Chicken Tikka served with a Madras sauce and Garlic nan, that along with poppadoms and home made chutney to start, along with "several" cobra came to 42 euros for two.

Everything was freshly prepared and delicious, having lived in Spain 11 years I know how difficult it is to find a decent "Indian" this is one of the VERY best IMHO and I shall return soon

Visited May 2014

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Re:Taste of India
Reply #7 - Aug 9th, 2014 at 10:44am
Print Post  

My significant other and I are going here for lunch today (Sat) We have a couple of loo rolls in the fridge just in case , but I feel all will be well. A couple of friends went there a few weeks ago and they gave a good review. I shall report back this evening  Undecided

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Re: Taste Of India
Reply #8 - Aug 9th, 2014 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Greetings citizens a rather full and never again feeling Bunter here reporting on the lunchtime nose bag at Taste of India.
Parking at this time of year is a nightmare however after a couple of circuits managed to find a pay and display spot.The Restaurant itself is quite small however very clean.The young waiter was charming and most helpful. I had Cobra beer and my wife had water and a mango Indian Lassi (yogurt drink) For appetizer/first course we had prawn Puri this was very good indeed however the onion Bhaji appeared not to be fresh and was disappointing.For the main I had Chicken Bhuna and my wife had Paneer Dopiaza a lovely cheese which on it's own is rather bland but it lends itself perfectly to Indian cooking and this dish was delicious.The Basmati rice and  Saag aloo were also very tasty. I would ask the chef next time not to add salt to the Bhuna as it rather overwhelmed it and spoilt the dish.They do the same in the UK and I nearly always forget to ask the chef not to add salt.Without it all the herbs and spices come through.We finished with Indian ice cream Kulfi and the total bill was £54 Euro. They do a set lunch for just under £10 Euro. All in all a good experience it's out of my system now and I will return in the winter months when parking I am sure would have eased.I am sure those who know the area would find this is not a problem.

Cool Cool

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #9 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 7:01am
Print Post  
Another three people I told about this venue have attended and rated it the best curry they have had since their arrival. My wife and I are going back on Saturday. Thunder storms permitting.  Shocked

http://weather.weatherbug.co.uk/Spain/Tortosa-weather/local-forecast/7-day-forec...

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 9:41am
Print Post  
I shall make sure that I recommend this to any friends staying in the Salou area.  185km round trip is just too far for us for a meal, especially as a curry really needs a beer or two but an hour's drive home doesn't  Sad

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Lidl Asian food Week
Reply #11 - Sep 4th, 2014 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
For those of you who live a little far away from the Indian resturant and after all it seems a little unfair if you both like a cobra beer that one has to drive,Why not stay in a make yourself a lovely meal. Lidl in Deltebre are this week having an Asian food week.They are selling all the food from Japan, India and China.They even have the chop sticks, Skewers and sushi rolling mats together with Nans,Noodles,Papadam,and basmati rice.Crispy duck,sauces and spices etc.The Japanese beer Sapporo is fantastic you must try it.

Cool Cool Cool

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #12 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 1:35am
Print Post  
We went to the taste of India in villafortuny tonight on the way back from the airport.
The food was fantastic. Huge choices spiciness just right and flavours to die for.
Free papa dams to start. Yay.
Harry is certainly a very nice and friendly guy.
Excellent value.
I will certainly go back again.
For you Facebook fans he said he was going to put all his winter opening hours on there.
As soon as I know I shall put them on here.

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Reply #13 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
Here are the new hours for a taste of India

Taste of India

Horario De invierno (open)
Medio dia:12:30--15:30
Tarde:18:00--23:45.
Martes cerrado por el descanso.(closed Tuesday)

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

sweetsatcabossa
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jan 5th, 2015 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Well! After looking forward to trying the Ali Baba restaurant in Benicarlo, we finally cycled from Pensicola yesterday for what turned  out to be "a dubious pleasure". A gormless young woman took our order. We waited at least 45 minutes before mine arrived, then another hour elapsed before my  partners food arrived. The whole caboodle was very mediocre, taste and presentation very disappointing. When I asked if the vegetables were fresh I was told they were frozen! We live in an area of abundant wonderful fresh vegetables, if you are going to serve food why would you need to cut corners and use inferior products?When we spoke to the manager about the huge time delay between servings, we were told that the waitress had forgotten to give the full order to the chef and were offered free cups of tea for our trouble. He said they'd try better next time but we have no wish to repeat this experience. Why oh why is it so difficult to get a good, satisfying, authentic Indian meal in this area?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top