Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 CHEAP UK PASSPORTS (Read 20768 times)
Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

CHEAP UK PASSPORTS
Mar 16th, 2014 at 5:52am
Print Post  
Immigration and Security Minister (James Brokenshire): " Her Majesty’s Passport Office is committed to delivering better value for money for our customers.

In keeping with this commitment, I am pleased to announce that from 7 April the passport fee for customers applying for a UK passport overseas will be reduced by £45 for adults and £28.50 for children. The new fees are as follows: Adult 32 page passport £83.00 Child 32 page passport £53.00 Jumbo 48 page passport £91.00 (Child and Adult)

This reduction comes as a result of efficiency savings made over the last 3 years by bringing back the processing and issuing of overseas passports to the UK, whilst maintaining the highest levels of security and customer service "

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/reduction-in-passport-fees-for-uk-citizen...

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Re: CHEAP UK PASSPORTS
Reply #1 - Mar 16th, 2014 at 7:51am
Print Post  
Why the eye rolling? Isn't it good news?

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #2 - Mar 16th, 2014 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Just posted mine last week. Rolls eyes even more  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 16th, 2014 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Ah right, very annoying for you  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #4 - Apr 5th, 2014 at 1:16am
Print Post  
I think I opened a can of worms here when I sent off my passport and forms/fees to Ireland which is now dealing with overseas passport applications not Madrid. I posted it recorded after filling out the on-line application.I phoned yesterday to enquire it's whereabouts I was told yes we have your application we then check it etc....." How long does that normally take " Oh 4 weeks came the reply. 4 Weeks now let me check for you Oh it was 4 weeks yesterday we got your application " I said well what next ? She said "Well it could be 5 days or 2 weeks but I normally tell the applicant 3 weeks after the initial month THEN THEY ARE NOT DISAPPOINTED !  This was a simple renewal.

My question is and my next problem, Has anyone used this method of passport renewal with regards delivery as I have a post office box and they use a courier so I can see problems there in the next month or two when they try to deliver it. I do not have a UK address.If you have used this method which courier company do they use ?

I would advise if your passport is due for renewal "Try" to deal with it in the UK.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Sad Sad Sad
« Last Edit: Apr 5th, 2014 at 2:16am by Bunter »  

Irish_form_filling.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #5 - Apr 5th, 2014 at 8:17am
Print Post  
Ours came back with D.H.L.
All came back separately, two old ones came one day, then the two new ones the following day. Four packets!

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #6 - Apr 5th, 2014 at 8:56am
Print Post  
Rita.

Did DHL deliver to your home or did you contact them re meet ?  I wonder which DHL office it would be ? If I am still around I will never let this happen again when it's due for renewal.

They should provide me with a tracking number which would/will help. But you never know  Grin Grin

Embarrassed Embarrassed

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #7 - Apr 5th, 2014 at 9:01am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #8 - Apr 6th, 2014 at 7:11am
Print Post  
We had left contact phone number, which D.H.L. used, when they were due to deliver them back to us.
Then my husband, arranged to meet the driver in the village,
to save him getting lost!

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #9 - Apr 6th, 2014 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
DHL are incapable of finding me however the letter they then send telling me that my address doesn't exist (which they send via post - and I get post delivered to the house) always arrives, work that out!

For all the 'won't post to PO boxes, bank addresses etc. as it must be delivered to the house' when I renewed my Passport DHL called me and I met the guy near Lidls. Makes a mockery of the system really.

I guess you could make up any address you wanted and as long as it's in the área you live and they have your phone number they won't bother even trying to find it.

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #10 - Apr 6th, 2014 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
I've had similar experiences to those mentioned and prefer to renew whilst back in Blighty.  The Post Office's 'check and send service' seems to take about a week and actually attending the passport office (in Liverpool) recently took 3 days to renew my daughter's passport.  Adult renewals can be done same day.

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #11 - Apr 6th, 2014 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Thanks all. I noticed on the website they email you a tracking number I will contact DHL then. I think they have pilot depots in Tortosa and Amposta ( I mean a run down shop with a battered white or blue van)  we are a spin off from DHL bla bla. I might pick it up at one of them. What a palaver.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Tortosa_DHL_van.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #12 - Apr 6th, 2014 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
Ahh.  Memories of the A47 in Leicester during the hard winter of 2012.   Grin

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #13 - Apr 7th, 2014 at 3:27am
Print Post  
Or Michael sharing a cab going out with the lads on a Friday night.  Are we there yet mate !!!

Wink Wink Wink

Night_Out_Cab.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #14 - Apr 13th, 2014 at 4:34am
Print Post  
I have just looked at my registered receipt from the Correos and it shows I sent off my old passport for renewal on 25th February 2014. The package arrived at The passport office in Ireland 5 days later. I have just checked my application on their website and it is still showing "Declaration form received, being processed " The service is appalling I am sure most civil service type departments have targets if this is an example of their service running to plan the lot of them should be sacked. I know they just check it and send it over to the UK but allowing for the Easter "Rush" I am to say the least very very cross. I have reported my dealings in person with the jobsworth above it just beggars belief.

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Rant over now here is a VIDEO to calm me and all of you other good citizens waiting for various items of officialdom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-wmbM6EpZU

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Hole_outside_passport_office.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top