Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 CHEAP UK PASSPORTS (Read 20817 times)
Bulldog

Forum newbie

Re: CHEAP UK PASSPORTS
Reply #15 - Apr 17th, 2014 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
Hi Bunter,
Sorry to hear of your problems with the passport office but you seem to be approaching this from the wrong angle. Last year we had to renew both our passports, at the cost of the National debt of a small African country. Seven days after sending the passports to Ireland, we received a phone call from an  uncivil servant stating he was unable to renew the passport of my wife as on her photo she was smiling. At this point I insisted on speaking to his boss stating as my wife reminds me, being married to me for many decades I have never given her any reason to smile. As promised his boss phoned me back and stated the problem was the smile. I informed her if this was the case why ten years earlier had they issued her with a passport because on that she not only looked like she was smiling but laughing hysterically as I had just been rushed into hospital when this photo was taken. After a few ums and arrs she agreed that after speaking to me for nearly an hour now, she would issue the passport and it arrived a few days later. If you are not paying for the phone call, always insist on speaking to the boss informing them that you have tea and sandwiches by the side of the phone and have no intentions of finishing the call till the matter is resolved.
Yours the problem solving Bulldog.

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #16 - Apr 18th, 2014 at 1:19am
Print Post  
Thanks BF for that it's nice to see you can still put a smile on the wife's face after all these years.I think the only thing that would put a smile on my wife's face would be if I packed my "Bag" singular and left her. I have news on my passport, Yesterday I had a letter delivered to my post box which informed me my signature had gone outside of the signature box on the form, The letter was dated 31st March ??? The application was rejected and they gave me a form with a box in which to sign again.They have my telephone number and my email address which they could have at least informed me I was a misdemeanant but no they send a letter which takes 17 days to reach me. I sent a letter to the UK on Monday and it was received yesterday. Bored with the whole saga now.  Cool

Good Cheer at the Mo the bread maker is out in the kitchen and hot cross buns are on the me and you. YUMMY.  Cool

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #17 - Apr 18th, 2014 at 11:12am
Print Post  

Tortosa_pud.jpg ( 64 KB | Downloads )
Tortosa_pud.jpg

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #18 - May 23rd, 2014 at 2:36am
Print Post  
Well blow my socks off my new passport arrived at Lunchtime today via DHL. I must say DHL were first class kept me informed all the way via internet and phone and rang me 5 mins before the meet with the courier. The passport office were total crap they never informed me by email that I had made a mistake on the form with regards signature outside the little box or indeed a tracking number or informing me my passport is on way in order I arrange its safe arrival at this end. I can see why these rubber desk johnnies are getting the sack in their droves the sad part is they recruit more through the other door.

Angry Angry Angry Angry

Francis_the_tossa.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

santroc
Ex Member

Reply #19 - May 23rd, 2014 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
My husband needs to renew his passport soon and we only have an Apartado box,can you please tell me, do you have a home address or did you arrange to meet DHL somewhere. Would be most grateful for any help.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #20 - May 23rd, 2014 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
Passports can not be delivered to a P.O. box.
So you will need to give an address.
Leave a phone number for D.H.L, to contact you and then meet the courier somewhere.

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #21 - May 24th, 2014 at 4:50am
Print Post  
Quote:
My husband needs to renew his passport soon and we only have an Apartado box,can you please tell me, do you have a home address or did you arrange to meet DHL somewhere. Would be most grateful for any help.

http://www.dhl.es/en/contact_center.html

I had mine delivered on Thursday this week. I contacted and dealt with firstly DHL Barcelona then DHL Tarragona both depots found me an English speaker on the telephone and the delivery was at a spot of my choosing.I explained I have a PO box and that was no problem for them in that they agreed to meet me at which time I produced ID and signed for the package. They even rang me at home 5 minutes before the meeting in order I am not kept waiting unduly.1st class service I must say. The passport office in Ireland e-mailed me this morning informing me my passport is now at the printers in the UK and will be with me in about four weeks I rest my case.

Rubber_Desk_johnnies.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #22 - May 24th, 2014 at 5:15am
Print Post  
Grin
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2014 at 5:15am by Bunter »  

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #23 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 5:14am
Print Post  
Since I brought my passport dilemma to the attention of the worlds press via this forum I now see wholesale panic in the UK government and world leaders are under job threat ahhhhhhhh the power of the T forum.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2654616/DAILY-MAIL-COMMENT-Dead-hand-s...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top