Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 uk road fund license (Read 10184 times)
Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Re: uk road fund license
Reply #15 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
Still doesn't get away from the fact that when people are living here for more than 180 days, they should become residents here.
It's not me who has made these rules.

IP Logged

geandi
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
That's rubbish rita, phil is right like most british citizens of  my age I have PAID 40 YRS INTO THE HEALTH SERVICE and I will dam well live where I like in the eu. and still come back to the uk to see a doctor ..... the difference is I keep a uk address. I don't begrudge any british person using the health service , as long as they have paid into it. as for people driving English registered cars in spain...... go and get a life, there is more important things going on to worry about.

I wonder if you think it may be important if an un-insured and not road legal vehicle in Spain happens to kill or maim someone in your car .

IP Logged

DenGeo

Forum newbie

Reply #17 - Jun 15th, 2014 at 12:17am
Print Post  
Just a note to Catalan boy and any other person who thinks there are more important things to worry about.
  I watched a newly wed girl knocked off a bife and killed outright by a drunk driver.  The drivers insurance was void by the fact he was previously banned for D&D.
  My U.K. car is on the road in Spain for most of the year, therefore it is on Spanish plates. It has a valid ITV (MOT) and I pay Spanish road tax via direct debit.
Live in Spain and abide by the Spanish law.
  Drive a U.K. registered vehicle with no U.K. road fund licence, displayed or not, and just hope you are never caught on a camera, or, on a roadside check.
There are now cross boarder links E.U. wide.  People are not as invisible as they once were.  Maybe it's time for some people to be looking over their shoulders. Undecided

IP Logged

catalanboy
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Jun 15th, 2014 at 2:23am
Print Post  
Did my post say anything about drink driving.. deeeeer...!!! something for you to consider a quarter of all Spanish drivers are uninsured , so next time you look in your rear view mirror and you can see the whites of the driver eyes, be very afraid .And also I don't need to be lectured about accidents, I have seen too many..... the worst countries Belgium and Germany , something about high powered cars and fast autobhans I think .

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #19 - Jun 15th, 2014 at 8:31am
Print Post  
I have known people who bring a UK car over to Spain for 6 months at a time before returning it to the UK for 6 months.  However... standard insurance policies from UK insurers don't tend to cover the vehicle for as much as 6 months absence from the UK at a time.  (I think they are wise to the trick.)  A car may be here, complete with recent MOT but that does not automatically mean that, despite having paid a premium, the insurers will entertain a claim.  They don't usually need an excuse to avoid paying do they?  It matters not the severity of the accident.  If you're not insured then you're not insured.  After that it is you that becomes liable for any compensation due - possibly millions! 

To that extent National Insurance is no different.  You may have paid in when asked for many years but that doesn't mean you are covered now.  Just a thought... Wouldn't a form of no claims discount go down well with people who never trouble the doctor!

In your dealings you know when you are 'trying to get away with it' and that is when it is an open invitation to have it bite you on the you know what.

IP Logged

DenGeo

Forum newbie

Reply #20 - Jun 15th, 2014 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Just a parting note on National Insurance and the N.H.S.
When I moved here I informed the taxman and the D.W.P. and was told in no uncertain terms as long as I am resident in Spain I am not entitltled to any N.H.S. treatments and if I visit the U.K. for holiday or business I would need private health insurance.  I worked from age 16 and never claimed any benefits of any sort.
The E.U. rules state anyone resident in the U.K. can claim benefits, health care etc.  If they decide to visit their own country or even return home to give birth then the U.K. will pay the bill.  I pay Spanish taxes but I am not allowed to use the Spanish National Health System, I am not old enough.  I accept that and get on with the life I have chosen. Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top