Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
adjusting water pressure on ITUR pump - how? (Read 2747 times)
ColinB
Ex Member

adjusting water pressure on ITUR pump - how?
Apr 23rd, 2014 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
I have a Bombas ITUR F3 pump with a pressure control valve on top.  Pressure reads between 6 & 7 bar which I now understand is far too high.  If I remove the domed plastic top of the controller will I find adjusters underneath? My query is - is it safe to remove this top or is there some enormous spring contraption there which will bite my hand off?  If safe,  then guidance will be appreciated to get down to a more reasonable 3 bars.  Many tks in antic.  Cannot find anything via Google.

IP Logged

cactus jack
Global Moderator

If I agree with you, then
we would both be wrong

Re: adjusting water pressure on ITUR pump - how?
Reply #1 - Apr 23rd, 2014 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Check out ksb.com. They have a downloads page also branch in uk

Nostalgia is not what it used to be...

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 25th, 2014 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
Er, yes.  Would you care to help by expanding a little?  It is a full industrial and commercial site and I have spent two hours trying to find an answer to my query.  If you know the site so well then I'm sure you can focus down to the area I need to concentrate on.  At the mo I am no more the wiser.  Thank you for your consideration.

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #3 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 12:44am
Print Post  
I do not know anything about this field but I wonder if below from page 18 it would give you an idea of the inner workings of the brand. If you go to the swinmming pool shop in Tortosa near Carrefour, The young guy in there will assist He speaks good english. Take a few snaps with your phone. If I am off beam with info sorry just trying to help.

http://www.itur.es/MIF-1200-I.pdf

Wink
« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2014 at 12:40am by Bunter »  

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #4 - Apr 26th, 2014 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
What is the power of the pump and from what depth is it pumping - maybe it is overrated for the house?

What type of control ? a press control - see picture?
Generally these are not adjustable (I have seen a couple that are but they are not very common). They usually work at the máximum pressure of the pump so it depends on the pump power. Most domestic pumps manage to pressurise up to around 3 bar. If you have a powerful pump it will have a higher pressure.

You may end up having to put an inline pressure control valve in that will reduce the input pressure to the house - I have had to fit several of these to agricultural wáter supplies in the Burgar valley.

presscontrol.jpg (Attachment deleted)
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top