Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Almost There (Read 9744 times)
Bulldog

Forum newbie

Re: Almost There
Reply #15 - May 25th, 2014 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Catlan, sorry to hear you lost so much money, but that is what the court is for to decide who is in the right not the lawyer. In my case using a lawyer saved me a major headache and 12000E. Situations differ some people have a strong case some do not.
Its up to each person to decide if they want to take the advice of a qualified catalonian lawyer or an english estate agent when it comes to matters legal/illegal in Catalonia.
No disrespect to Jools she is well known for outing frauds on this forum.

Hi Smidge,
Glad to hear you had success but as in our case not all lawyers are honest. We used an English speaking lawyer in Tarragona and won the case in court plus full costs. They then appealed and we won that also again plus full costs which 4 years down the line we have still not received from them and the only advice we were given by the court was to take legal action against our own lawyers to get it, as they are large on promises but short on fulfilment.
Yours living the dream in the sunshine but unfortunately its raining again, wished we had not taken that wrong turning in France but here we are, a soggy none complaining Bulldog.

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #16 - May 25th, 2014 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Fully agree with you Jools. Most things are about money.
Bulldog also agree with you. Lawyers are people after all and not all people are honest. Its very important to get a a lawyer with a good reputation. Then one may have a chance but of course just going to the lawyer means you have already lost anyway.

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #17 - May 25th, 2014 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
I agree Smidge I said this to the wife about marriage, please send all my correspondence via my local hospital now being fed by tube.
Yours a bedridden Bulldog!!!!

IP Logged

Roadruns
Ex Member

Reply #18 - May 25th, 2014 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
After all my research and advice, hopefully working with a recommended solicitor there is nothing else to do but make a hopefully good decision. Fingers, legs etc all crossed. Smiley

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #19 - May 26th, 2014 at 2:16am
Print Post  
Quote:
After all my research and advice, hopefully working with a recommended solicitor there is nothing else to do but make a hopefully good decision. Fingers, legs etc all crossed. Smiley

There is a lot to do. A house/building shell on land with olives smacks of a family not paying death duties or the land is in dispute and there are no documents (Escritura) and the house going into disrepair you see them all over Spain bear that in mind. Solicitors here in Spain only tend to ask the minimum of questions They will only go deeper if you ask the questions. Make sure all the searches re outstanding debts, Access to your property, And The properties legal right to be there. You also need permissions for pool, Wind turbines, Building permits you need them for electricity/Gas/Water supply and insist that the Escritura (Title deeds) for the property has a copy in English also make sure it shows the correct amount of land you are buying over the years bits of your land may get taken when fences are moved etc, Also any building on that land and their purpose (A house not a cow shed). Remember once you sign with the notary and hand over the cash you are lumbered with that property. Another thing future plans near your property is that new 4 lane A road coming through your garden ? You can never glean enough information you can discard some but have too little and you are throwing your money away. As good as David is, You still need to make sure you have all your questions answered BEFORE YOU HAND OVER A PENNY. Check all the pumps,toilets,Sewage Treatment Plant is legal and fit for purpose if not it could cost you thousands of Euros. This is not like the UK it can take 5 years to sell a property take your time it's a buyers market. Everyone is smiling at you at the moment because they want your money just take a step back and a deep breath and calm down.there is no rush and do not sign anything unless you have your solicitor approval and more important still you understand everything in that document you are signing.If it's unclear tell David to go back and get answers that's what you pay him for remember he is working for you.

I have had a little rant there but everyone on this Forum is wiser today than they were when the first arrived here.There are many many pit falls and sometimes those people you think are your new friends are sometimes jealous and send you in the wrong direction. I wish you all the best and hope everything for you and your family go smoothly.  Wink

https://www.gov.uk/how-to-buy-property-in-spain

http://britishexpats.com/articles/spain/buying-property-safely/

http://www.euroresidentes.com/Property/vocab/escritura.htm

IP Logged

Roadruns
Ex Member

Reply #20 - May 26th, 2014 at 6:33am
Print Post  
Thanks for that Bunter, we have time and will do as many checks as possible.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #21 - May 26th, 2014 at 8:01am
Print Post  
Bunter,
what detailed and good advice you have given. Hopefully newcomers and potential buyers in the area will take note of them.

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #22 - May 26th, 2014 at 9:48am
Print Post  
Yes Bunter I think you covered most things correctly there.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top