Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Almost There (Read 9745 times)
Roadruns
Ex Member

Almost There
May 23rd, 2014 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Hi All,

We are hopefully in the final stages of buying a property near Ginestar, a small building on 2Hct. At the cold feet stage and probably way too thinky now Smiley Until we get the building up to at least camping status we would appreciate all and any advice.
It is a shell at present, sitting by itself in the middle of the land. Almonds and Olives, sparse with some dead trees and land has not been worked for some time.
It is beautiful.
Ideas, thought and all advice GREATLY appreciated.
Thank-You

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Re: Almost There
Reply #1 - May 23rd, 2014 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
Welcome.
Just hope that you have used a solicitor.
Maybe you would like to read other people's comments, on many previous posts on the Forum.
You may find them helpful and informative.

IP Logged

Roadruns
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 23rd, 2014 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
I have been going through the forum for a couple of days now. A lot of good information some of which I never thought about.
We are buying with the help of a recommended agent, Maxine at El Perello Properties.
We were looking farther south where we have friends, but love this area.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #3 - May 23rd, 2014 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Best to do lots of homework first, and always use a solicitor.
Things are so different here, can be overlooked, then become a costly mistake, if people are not careful.
Different laws and taxes here in Catalunya aswell.

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 24th, 2014 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Hi Roadruns,
Welcome to the Forum.Depending on what you might be thinking about doing in the future with the Building on this plot of land,it may well be wise to consult a Catalan expert in this field (Sorry about the Pun  Smiley ),before finalising your purchase.  Good luck

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 24th, 2014 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Be careful, building regulations are very different here. Use a lawyer. David Pique in Miami Playa is an expert on this area. It is worth the money to have the right advice.  Smiley

IP Logged

robo
Ex Member

Reply #6 - May 24th, 2014 at 11:39am
Print Post  
Check out what you can and can not biuld on the land, the mayor in ginestar is not a british friendly person

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #7 - May 24th, 2014 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
Not like a previous one then, who gave out permissions, and then people found out they had built or extended properties illegally.
Residents in that area have even lost their life savings, because of this.

IP Logged

robo
Ex Member

Reply #8 - May 24th, 2014 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Rita ive not heard of anyone who has lost their life savings through the previous mayor in ginestar he did give out a lot of planning consents but mostly for 50 square meters or less even my own was given permission by him and I got my cedula last year, the present mayor will not give padrementayes (if thats the right spelling) out to any one living on the campo regardless of anything he has even been aproached by a solicitor and agreed what he was doing is illegal but untill he is told by a higher authority he will not budge , this may not sound serious untill you try to registar a car in your name

IP Logged

Roadruns
Ex Member

Reply #9 - May 24th, 2014 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Thanking you all for all the tips and advice.

I found this number for David Pique on the forum, I will call him Monday. 615 694 576

Thanks for all the information folks, a lot to take in on top of what I have already researched. It's you guys at the coal face, so to speak, for real ideas and suggestions. 

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #10 - May 24th, 2014 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
I would be super careful in buying anything in Catalunya after the 1000's of problems other people have encountered.

If you are planning to live on a finca in Ginestar legally, I would say just forget it, yes it might be beautiful, but illegal.
Jools

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #11 - May 24th, 2014 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
Jools, I would agree that you need to be "super careful" when buying a property in Catalonia, actually anywhere in Spain.
I think it is better to consult a qualified lawyer when deciding if it is legal or not to live in a specific property/finca in "Ginestar" rather than make any decisions based on the unqualified opinions that maybe offered on this or any other forums.

IP Logged

catalanboy
Ex Member

Reply #12 - May 24th, 2014 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
Qualified lawyer.. HA

Qualified lawyer....! HA! HA! HA!  I had the best "qualified lawyers in Tarragona on a 2 year court case and lost 30k.
This forum is just as valid as any so called informed opinion by ANY lawyer on HIS or HERS interpretation of the law here in Catalunya . Listen to Jules that is the best advice , after all she been in the property game   here years and she knows this area inside out .

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #13 - May 25th, 2014 at 10:34am
Print Post  
Catlan, sorry to hear you lost so much money, but that is what the court is for to decide who is in the right not the lawyer. In my case using a lawyer saved me a major headache and 12000E. Situations differ some people have a strong case some do not.
Its up to each person to decide if they want to take the advice of a qualified catalonian lawyer or an english estate agent when it comes to matters legal/illegal in Catalonia.
No disrespect to Jools she is well known for outing frauds on this forum.

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #14 - May 25th, 2014 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Yes, definitely get a Lawyer, but also don't forget to tell him absolutely everything that you plan to do on the property you want to buy.

So, if on your little piece of paradise in Ginestar, you want to build a 4 bedroom villa tell him, or if it is a humble 50m2 cottage tell him that too.

Because he will have to investigate on your behalf whether this is possible of not, also ask him what are your chances of getting a 'cedula' after you build something, because the impression I get is that Catalunya are giving out cedulas like toffees now, after previously declaring all of those buildings illegal..............why????...........so they can tax you more on what you have done, it's all about money in the Catalan pot from here on I'm afraid.
Jools

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top