Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Fire (Read 5937 times)
Smidge
Ex Member

Fire
Jun 16th, 2014 at 9:41am
Print Post  
It seems that a part of the Burga valley is on fire again this year. It seems to be a very big fire, I could see a large part of the mountain between Rasquera and El Perello was glowing red and the is a massive smoke cloud today.

IP Logged

susanita

¡Ole!

Re: Fire
Reply #1 - Jun 16th, 2014 at 10:12am
Print Post  
There was a smaller fire in the Ginestar area at the weekend too and today there is yet another in the Tivissa area.  We can see the smoke from our house near El Perelló.  Seems it was started by a lightening strike in a wooded area.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #2 - Jun 16th, 2014 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
The fire in the Burga valley is big and seemed to be spreading mid morning today.
Lots of bombers were heading out there, also some agents rurals and water planes.
Hope they manage to get it under control, and everyone is safe and there are no casualties.

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 16th, 2014 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
The smoke rising from the fire near El Perello is huge now at least 10 times bigger than last night when the most of the mountain was red with flame. It seem to have spread across the mountain. There is a non-stop flow of helicopters and water tankers dropping on the fire. There is at least one other serious fire in the area nearer to Tivissa. People say that one of the wind turbines on the mountain west of El Perello caught fire and the fire spread.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #4 - Jun 16th, 2014 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
This is terrible now.
People having to leave their homes.
The wind this afternoon, won't be helping.
Every year there seems to be fires in the Burga Valley?

IP Logged

Mas_Del_Maco
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 16th, 2014 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
The fire is at the back of our house and land over the mountain (tivissa) it has burnt 100 ha and is out of control still. They have evacuated all our neighbours and the road is shut up to our house (cami de gavada). 
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2014 at 7:56pm by »  

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 16th, 2014 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
The wind has picked up and turned to the west now, a huge yellowly black cloud of smoke has reached as far as Miravet now. There is strong smell of burning. The blue sky is totally blotted out by a sinister yellow black colour for 10s of miles in every direction.

IP Logged

jools
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 16th, 2014 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
According to 'el Pais' newpaper the fire has now affected 400 hectares of inaccessible land.

http://ccaa.elpais.com/ccaa/2014/06/16/catalunya/1402909323_636859.html

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #8 - Jun 17th, 2014 at 10:06am
Print Post  
Still the locals, are burning rubbish in their gardens and on their land. They just do not see any danger.
This morning another neighbour and my husband have had to ask someone to stop burning, at the side of our fence.
IF they had a license in the first place they would know the rules, and know that it states no fires from June 15th.

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jun 17th, 2014 at 10:18am
Print Post  
All seems to be clear today. However at least six fire trucks and vans blue lights flashing have just roared up the C12 towards Rasquera.

IP Logged

Mas_Del_Maco
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jun 17th, 2014 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Still see some smoke from where we are. The roads are still closed and this morning when I took the children to school they refused to let me back up to my house even tho we have not been evacuated!!

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jun 17th, 2014 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
I think that deluge we had today sorted the fire.

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #12 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 3:12am
Print Post  
I think it's hats off to the various services who tackled this fire.Remember last year 4 lost their lives. I don't know but I think maybe the reason for the annual big fire in that area is the wind emulates from there and thus whisks up the flames. I would jail those found burning after the 15th June and those who burnt whilst these people risk their lives to put the fires out are a disgrace. Those pilots/Ground crew also must be exhausted. You can now go back into the sea for a snorkel without the risk of a quick lift up to the valley.  Wink

Thanks to the forum members for their reports on the ground so to speak. I hope their property's are safe and in one piece.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top