Moroccan Crumpets (Read 1901 times)
Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Moroccan Crumpets
Aug 10th, 2014 at 10:27am
Print Post  
One of the very few things I miss from the UK are crumpets. Delicious with jam in the morning or with melted cheese in the afternoon. Occasionally I have made my own or bought some in English shops when I have been away (does 'The Corner Shop' sell them?).

I do like to go into the Moroccan shops in Tortosa as you can find loads of spices that you can't find in supermarkets. When we went into one during the Renaissance festival I was amazed to see something almost identical but about 5 times bigger on the counter.

Turns out that the Moroccans have a type of crumpet but there is a catch as I discovered - they only eat them during Ramadan.

But there is good news, you can order them and they freeze well. I just picked up a dozen (80 cents each). They call them 'Jrengos' - or at least that's what they call them here.

You can order them in the Moroccan shop at the end of Carrer de Bonaire.
Follow Av. Generalitat towards Remolins and the Library. At the corner where you cross the old bridge go straight on. Carrer de Bonaire is the first Street on the right and the shop is at the far end on the left.

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Re: Moroccan Crumpets
Reply #1 - Aug 10th, 2014 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
Didn't Silvio Berlusconi have a problem with some Moroccan crumpet or am I thinking of something else? 
Cool

IP Logged

hivi
Ex Member

Re: Moroccan Crumpets
Reply #2 - Aug 10th, 2014 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
the english shop in aldea sells crumpets as maby as you like

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top