Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Latest "Online" scams (Read 2561 times)
Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Latest "Online" scams
Aug 21st, 2014 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Just to make you aware of the lengths these people will go to relieve you of you cash. When using such sites re legal/money transfer do your research before giving any personal details. Below is a list of some of their tactics but there are many variants.  Angry

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/beware-bogus-law-firms-fake-4080766

“He who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client.”

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Re: Latest "Online" scams
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2014 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
I had someone with an Indian accent call me today telling me that he worked for Microsoft and that they were getting error messages from my computer. He tried to get me to open it numerous times. I understand they can hijack you computer if you open it to their instructions. I kept him on for half an hour and then told him I did not have a computer which caused an instant hangup.

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2014 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Brilliant Smidge.  Hit 'em where it hurts!  I have had the same calls both here and in the UK.  I explained that I was not responsible for the computer and would get son to speak to them and that I would just go and get him.  I put the phone to one side and got on with my life occasionally saying things like 'he's just on his way'.  I kept the blighter hanging on for over 20 minutes before he decided to cut his losses. 

I also got a fake investment house to put the phone down on me asking me not to waste their time!  Result!!!   Wink

I wonder if their is a world record for dangling these worms on the line?

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Aug 24th, 2014 at 7:56am
Print Post  
Wow I never thought of this idea ,I usually just slam the phone down, going to try this  Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top