Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Android TV box (Read 3408 times)
Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Android TV box
Aug 27th, 2014 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
Anybody invested in one of these and if so, does it improve the TV facilities compared to Filmon ?

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Re: Android TV box
Reply #1 - Aug 28th, 2014 at 11:31am
Print Post  
I have tried the Raspberry Pi with XBMC and the quad core CS918 Android box. Both do the job but the CS918 is tidier and an easier device to use. Most come loaded with apps to give UK TV and are usually a portal for Filmon services anyway. Get one with a full bluetooth mini keyboard, its easier and lets you do lots more than the basic remote. They are also good for playing back recorded stuff and I have invested in a little NAS hard disk which plugs into the router. I dump all my programs and movies on there and use the CS918 to play them in full HD. Neither device uses appreciable power.
Also recently discovered that piratebay hosts all the TV programs you missed so I'm stocking up instead of waiting another year for iPlayer to indulge me!

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #2 - Aug 28th, 2014 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Thanks for that.  Most helpful.
Didn't follow your point about iPlayer.  I get it fine using Hola.  High quality playback compared to Filmon.

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Reply #3 - Aug 28th, 2014 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
Point about iPlayer is that most progs are only available for a week. As I travel quite a lot I keep missing episodes or programs I wanted to see. They often come back on iPlayer but maybe have to wait for 6 months or a year. Also, the recordings have to be watched within a month and then they lock out. Sometimes I dont realise that a series is on until Ive missed a couple of episodes.
Torrenting them lets me catch up and keep things I want permanently.

IP Logged

furbydoggie
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Slightly off topic - but related.  Have any of you used Android Showbox for downloading and/or streaming popular films and TV series?  Some friends use it and said it is good.

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #5 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
Doesn't get a very good write up ?

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #6 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 2:42am
Print Post  
Showbox is an App for Android devices and it's brother is Moviebox for Apple devices.(Both the same) People say it is one of the best apps out there. You can search on Youtube re installation and a demo of its abilities. You can not get the apps from the app store as they are in effect assisting piracy in that you are downloading the latest films for free.You have to enable your device by tickingĀ  "Allow 3rd party Apps" (unknown sources)in the security section of your device, Then you can load these apps. (APK) which are free.

Get your APK apps from below.

http://androidappsapkdownload.com/

Video how to allow your device to download third party apps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpwHhWoIukc

Showbox.

http://androidappsapkdownload.com/download-show-box-watch-tv-movie-app-apk-for-a...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top