Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Ryanair Masters of the universe (Read 8631 times)
Smidge
Ex Member

Ryanair Masters of the universe
Sep 9th, 2014 at 12:42am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Re: Ryanair Masters of the universe
Reply #1 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 2:12am
Print Post  
Hmmmmmm

Tortosa_Air.jpg ( 27 KB | 206 Downloads )
Tortosa_Air.jpg

IP Logged

furbydoggie
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Fair play to Ryanair - I use the company regularly and will continue to do so provided they fly where I want to go cheaper than competitors. If another airline offers better value I will use them.

I'm not altogether sure why there is such negativity among some forum members towards Ryanair....if the company and their business model offends you then simply chose another airline to get from A to B. There's no need for the constant put-downs. Lots of people are happy enough to travel with Ryanair - your money your choice!

IP Logged

MuckBerry
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
I've just sent a further complaint to Ryanair as they have not had the decency to respond to the complaint I sent them in August regarding charging me a credit card fee for booking flights, which is odd considering I don't have a credit card.

Maybe people think Ryanair have a good business model but I suspect most people would agree they should not charge customers for things they should not have to pay for and they should operate a fair and effective complaint system.

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
I've never been treated like shite by any Ryanair staff.  Like furbydoggie said if another airline offered a more convenient or cheaper option I would consider it.  And quite honestly if you don't actually check where your  airport is in relation to your ultimate destination before you book a ticket you're a bit of a numpty.

IP Logged

MuckBerry
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
Tell you what anyone who thinks Ryanair are a good company try and submit a complaint on their website! Here is an easy one for you. When you are booking online where does it ask you if you are using a credit card or debit card?

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
I cannot stand OLeary. However I am today travelling to Spain for a similar price that I was paying 25 years ago, its difficult to beat that. Yes it is necessary to be careful with their website or one could lose out. I did not realise they had a customer service section.

IP Logged

furbydoggie
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I've just sent a further complaint to Ryanair as they have not had the decency to respond to the complaint I sent them in August regarding charging me a credit card fee for booking flights, which is odd considering I don't have a credit card.

Maybe people think Ryanair have a good business model but I suspect most people would agree they should not charge customers for things they should not have to pay for and they should operate a fair and effective complaint system.

I sympathise with anyone trying to resolve issues with the company - I can imagine it is very frustrating.  I thought the cost of the payment method used is itemised in the drop-down menu at payment stage...but I could be wrong on that.  I'm not saying that I particularly like their business model but it usually pans out that they get me where I want to go, when I want to travel at a price I'm willing to pay - albeit with a bagfull of terms and conditions. Other considerations come into play on long-haul flights such as comfort/services.  I regard ryanair as a glorified bus service that's fairly reliable.

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Tell you what anyone who thinks Ryanair are a good company try and submit a complaint on their website! Here is an easy one for you. When you are booking online where does it ask you if you are using a credit card or debit card?

On the very first page that you reach when searching for flights.  Here's one I chose at random:

Booking summary (this appears on every step of your booking at the top right of your screen)
Passenger(s)

Passenger 1 (ADT)


    Reus (Barcelona) → Bristol
    Sat, 20 Sep 2014 15:30 - 16:40
    1 Adult, 87.99 EUR
    1 x Adult Fare      87.99 EUR

Discount Pay by debit card: 87.99 EUR
Pay by credit card / PayPal: 89.75 EUR

Total
    87.99 EUR

It gives you the option of choosing either but it defaults to the debit card choice.  When you come to actually paying you have to choose which card you want to use.  If you quote a credit card or Paypal it will charge you extra.  If you choose a debit card it won't.

IP Logged

MuckBerry
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
Thank you Pondgirl, you are absolutely right. You need to be very careful which card you select on the drop down menu. If you choose Visa rather than Visa Debit you will be charged as if you have used a credit card. An easy mistake to make but trying to rectify it is a nightmare.

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #10 - Sep 11th, 2014 at 10:17am
Print Post  
The first few numbers on your plastic card tell 'the system' what kind of card it is so in theory there should be no need to nominate this information.  Indeed if you try it on and say your card is a debit card not a credit card it soon lets you know otherwise.  Can you believe that this foible is merely there to catch out the unwary and get a few extra quid off them?  Surely not!!!

IP Logged

Pilotnan
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Sep 15th, 2014 at 3:16am
Print Post  
I quite agree, we have used Ryanair to travel to and from Reus for some years now and although the fares are no longer as inexpensive as they used to be, they are still the cheapest for this route.  We have never had a problem with the Ryanair website and have always been treated with courtesy by their staff.
As with every online transaction, it is wise to check what you are signing up for before you confirm it. Much easier than trying to correct mistakes after the event.
Quote:
Fair play to Ryanair - I use the company regularly and will continue to do so provided they fly where I want to go cheaper than competitors. If another airline offers better value I will use them.

I'm not altogether sure why there is such negativity among some forum members towards Ryanair....if the company and their business model offends you then simply chose another airline to get from A to B. There's no need for the constant put-downs. Lots of people are happy enough to travel with Ryanair - your money your choice!

IP Logged

philmountains

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #12 - Sep 15th, 2014 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
I have no problem,s with Mr O Leary,s Airline, I just wish he wouldn't cut routes  ,I used them all the time when he flew out of Leeds/Bradford to El Prat, but he stopped these a couple of years ago now, they only do  Gerona , just too far,damn shame.
As with anything you get what you pay for, but you do get that extra Baggage allowance with Jet2, and at very little extra cost compared to Ryanair.
I'm over next week,seems ages since March, so hope the weather is good LOL!!!!!! and the shower ,s are still on at the Beach for my weekly wash down LOL Cheesy

IP Logged

furbydoggie
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Sep 15th, 2014 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
philmountains wrote on Sep 15th, 2014 at 12:47pm:
I have no problem,s with Mr O Leary,s Airline, I just wish he wouldn't cut routes  ,I used them all the time when he flew out of Leeds/Bradford to El Prat, but he stopped these a couple of years ago now, they only do  Gerona , just too far,damn shame.
As with anything you get what you pay for, but you do get that extra Baggage allowance with Jet2, and at very little extra cost compared to Ryanair.
I'm over next week,seems ages since March, so hope the weather is good LOL!!!!!! and the shower ,s are still on at the Beach for my weekly wash down LOL Cheesy

I remember reading something about Ryanair dropping particular routes and besides the fact that some routes are not viable in the low season, they were put under huge pressure by the Catalan government to support Girona in particular. The Catalan authorities and Aena seem to market the 3 airports as 'a package' and would only give access to El Prat (the most popular with year round viability on many routes) provided Ryanair agreed to bring X amount of flights to Reus & Girona.  No problem with Reus (from Mar-Oct) due to its proximity to Salou/Port Aventura/Cambrils but Girona was a sticking point as Ryanair effectively 'lost interest' in the airport once it acquired slots in El Prat. That's my understanding of it anyway.

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Jet2 also drop Reus in the winter months.  If anyone's interested Ryanair are still flying between Reus and Stansted during the winter.  Car hire is cheap at Stansted too.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top