10 Chinese Buffet (Read 11197 times)
Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Chinese Buffet
Sep 15th, 2014 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
Opening on Friday 19th. September,
Gran Buffet, Corona roundabout, Tortosa.

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Re: Chinese Buffet
Reply #1 - Sep 15th, 2014 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
I wonder has anyone been to the new buffet over the weekend ?
If so please be kind enough to give us your opinion. Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2014 at 5:32am by Bunter »  

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 16th, 2014 at 11:52am
Print Post  
Hope that it is not the Amposta buffet opening out as the last time we went there (early August) it was dreadful.  All the friendly staff who knew us were no longer there.  There was very little food and what there was was of poor quality and needed chucking as it was cold and old.  We spoke with friends about this and they had had the same experience telling us that they had heard the owner had fired all the old staff and brought in new. If they have then they have made a faux pas and unless anyone can inform us differently we and our friends will not be returning.  .
Had meant to post about this before but tend to forget to do things nowadays.
However, if it is the old staff from Amposta brining their skills then they will be welcome

IP Logged

furbydoggie
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Quote:
Hope that it is not the Amposta buffet opening out as the last time we went there (early August) it was dreadful.  All the friendly staff who knew us were no longer there.  There was very little food and what there was was of poor quality and needed chucking as it was cold and old.  We spoke with friends about this and they had had the same experience telling us that they had heard the owner had fired all the old staff and brought in new. If they have then they have made a faux pas and unless anyone can inform us differently we and our friends will not be returning.  .
Had meant to post about this before but tend to forget to do things nowadays.
However, if it is the old staff from Amposta brining their skills then they will be welcome

I have to be honest here and say that I only ever thought the Chinese Buffet in Amposta was good in the first year or 18 months. After that I found the food of mediocre quality and it was never served at the correct temperature...insipid and lukewarm. Of course it was incredibly cheap - but there's a line between 'cheep and cheerful' and 'cheep and nasty' that should never be crossed.  I would prefer to pay more for better quality food.

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
Tony, I bet christine will miss her trips to the Amposta Wok.   Wink

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #5 - Sep 22nd, 2014 at 4:10am
Print Post  
I wonder has anyone been to the new buffet over the weekend ?
If so please be kind enough to give us your opinion.  Smiley

IP Logged

blueberry
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Haven't been to the new buffet but I don't think I'll be trying it. I know the prices are great but I stopped going to the Amposta buffet a couple of years ago. I'm sure they put something in the food or it's very salty because I could not quench my thirst for the rest of the day.

There is another place in Amposta called Jumbo not far from the buffet. I've been there a few times and it's been lovely. It's not expensive and they offer special menues.

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #7 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Anyone been to the new Tortosa buffet yet?  I have guests soon and would like to know if it is a good place to take them.

IP Logged

chrispain
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
We went there a few days after it opened, the food was good, varied and plentiful. However it was luke warm which spoilt it a little, but the staff were friendly and everything was clean.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #9 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Totally agree with chrispain.
Equally as good as the one in Amposta, but smaller of course.
Lukewarm food, as they all offer.
But there is a microwave there for you to heat the food up.

IP Logged

Olijfje
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Mar 14th, 2015 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
The first week it opened, we were there. We loved the food. Not hot, but ok.
It is nice to have a wok again in Tortosa. We liked the choice and it is +/- similar to Amposta, but for us much closer!
Next week we will be in the Tortosa region again and of course we will go to this wok. Value for money and I love to try different food. Cheesy
To be honest, we did not like the Singapore Wok around the corner. Closed now.
Hum Wok in Vinaros is not bad. Especcially on a sunday. Yoy pay more, but you have a lot of choice!

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #11 - May 29th, 2015 at 1:45am
Print Post  
Called into the Wok yesterday for lunch and it was awful. It was cheap only 8.50 Euro but it was very poor both in quality and selection. I can not understand these people two years ago the Amposta Wok was the place your guests would take you as a thank you for eating you out of house and home for two weeks and it was very very good.Now you wouldn't recommend it to your cat.

Thank goodness we can go for a really good curry below....

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taste-of-India/456480034482067

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #12 - May 29th, 2015 at 8:03am
Print Post  
Seems to be Another no, no.
We havn't been there since late last year, but sounds as though they are not getting enough customers in, to offer the variety of foods anymore?
I agree Amposta Wok was really good for a few years, always a good place to take family and friends.
Could be like some of their chippies in the U.K. they start off good, staff go and others come in and they go downhill.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top