Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
olives (Read 5911 times)
jt42
Ex Member

olives
Nov 5th, 2014 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
Hi all, i am over in the next 10 days time to pick some of my olives, just wondered how the season was going for anyone else
Cheers.

IP Logged

appycab
Ex Member

Re: olives
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2015 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Is there a price for BIO olives at the mill ?

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2015 at 9:08am
Print Post  
I don't know which mill you are referring to appycab.  As far as I know you will only get paid for the quality of your olives, not how they've been produced. 

We have ours pressed and bottled separately at Sol'dEbre and sell the oil in the UK as there isn't much of a market here for  ecologic products yet.  Also to officially call your product BIO or organic you have to be certificated, well it's what we were told, which costs and involves a lot of bureaucratic hoopla.  We just describe ours as being produced without pesticides or herbicides, which it is, and haven't had any complaints ....yet.

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2015 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
That is correct. To call it Bio, eco, or organic you have to be certified to do so. It is regulated throughout the EU by laws so don't fall foul of them. It costs a set amount to be certified per product and only covers the crop you state in the application. It does not cover everything you grow and it has to be renewed annually. We looked into this some time ago and gave up because of the high (extortionate) costs involved.

John.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top