Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Info re. Car.i (Read 5111 times)
Tarayoles
Ex Member

Info re. Car.i
Nov 25th, 2014 at 11:14am
Print Post  
I presume most people will be receiving letters re their cars. I want to know, is this just information for us or do we have to do something?

IP Logged

susanita

¡Ole!

Re: Info re. Car.i
Reply #1 - Nov 25th, 2014 at 11:59am
Print Post  
I have received a letter but as all the data is correct I presume I do not have to do anything about it.

IP Logged

DenGeo

Forum newbie

Reply #2 - Nov 25th, 2014 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
I seem to missing the start of this topic, cars,letters,data??? can anyone please bring me up to speed on this?.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #3 - Nov 25th, 2014 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Are you talking about Brit. registered cars, or Spanish ones?
Where are letters coming from?

IP Logged

Tarayoles
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 26th, 2014 at 6:15am
Print Post  
It seems it's just info making sure we know how to look after cars in the winter, and also in an accident. If you work out paper, ink, envelopes, postage and wages, it's a lot of money which could be better spent on the roads instead of useless info!
Sent out by Trafico in case anyone's interested.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #5 - Nov 26th, 2014 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
I have read something today, and it seems that letters are going out to people who own older vehicles.
All information has to be up to date and recorded.
Proof of purchase, correct documentation, including any transfer documents etc.

IP Logged

DenGeo

Forum newbie

Reply #6 - Nov 26th, 2014 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Thank you for clearing that up Rita.

IP Logged

John
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Nov 26th, 2014 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
Ha, so judging from the fact that lots of us live on the campo, it means it won't even get to a lot of us. Waste of time and money.

john.

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #8 - Nov 30th, 2014 at 6:43am
Print Post  

http://www.dgt.es/es/el-trafico/

The Department of Traffic (DGT) has begun a program of writing to Spain's estimated 5 Million owners of a licenced road vehicle between 7 and 10 years old, with the purpose of advising them of the legal status of the vehicle and reminding owners in the event the details may be incorrect, and need to be updated with the DGT.

The initiative is the 2nd Phase of monitoring the condition of older vehicles following a similar letter being sent out in November 2013 to owners of vehicles in excess of 10 years old.

The first phase revealed how a total of 400,000 vehicles were incorrectly registered with the DGT - either registered to an incorrect owner, or since taken off the road - and were subsequently removed from the database.

When such a letter is received :

When an owner receives a letter stating correct information, no further action is required.

However, when the letter states information that is incorrect the Provincial Traffic Authority must be informed in order that the appropriate corrections to the database can be made.

No longer the legal owner ?:

In the case of the recipient of the letter no longer being the legal owner of the vehicle, a notification to this effect can be made at any Spanish post office.

To do this you must present :

* The DGT's official change of ownership request form (which can be downloaded from the foot of the DGT website, by clicking the link to the page at the foot of this article)

* The contract / Bill / Receipt confirming the sale of the vehicle

* Copy of the Informe for the vehicle in question

* NIE

* Proof that the EU8.20 Fee has been paid into the Bank, using Modelo 791 (Which can be downloaded from the foot of DGT website, by clicking the link at the foot of this page)

Once the Post Office clerk has verified the documents you will be given a receipt and the paperwork will be sent on to the DGT for processing.

# Tip : Take photocopies of everything

However, a grey area seems to exist in the event of the receipeint of the letter being unable to prove that he has actually sold the car (IE no Bill / Contract), OR if the vehicle no longer exists. Under these circumstances the DGT suggests that an appointment if made in person at the Provincial Traffic Office to plead your case - remember to take along the documentation listed above, plus anything else which might help your claim.

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Nov 30th, 2014 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
Bunter dear chap, When a system of registration of ones Cars etc.. costs ones money( meaning joe public!!!!!!!) to enable ones GOVERNMENT to update ones register,IT WILL FAIL!!!!!!!!!
Enough said.

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #10 - Dec 1st, 2014 at 1:44am
Print Post  
I say Robby old thing I thought tax resistance is a form of direct action and if in violation of the tax regulations,Is therefore a form of civil disobedience don't you know.

Cheesy

Tortosa_plebs.jpg ( 10 KB | 173 Downloads )
Tortosa_plebs.jpg

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #11 - Dec 1st, 2014 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Got my form last week and as all is in order I'm glad to say that I need take no further action.  I might just keep a copy in the car though.
Mike
PS  Bunter old bean.  Which one is you in the photo?  The magic lantern doesn't make it clear.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top