Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Ryanair / handbags (Read 2002 times)
ColinB
Ex Member

Ryanair / handbags
Dec 16th, 2014 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
Hi chums.  We haven't flown ex Reus with FR for over a year,  We now know we can carry a cabin bag plus a hand bag of dims   35 x 20 x 20 cms.  My soft computer bag is bigger than this but is floppy and compresible.  On the other hand I have found a cardboard box of these exact dimensions.  I am tempted to tie a string to the latter and call it a handbag ( I am a bloke!).  Before I make a bigger idiot of myself than usual I thought I would ask the panel how big has been their bags and what have they been able to get away with.  I would not expect the staff to question the actual volume of a handbag if the cabin piece is up to volume limits ?????

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Re: Ryanair / handbags
Reply #1 - Dec 28th, 2014 at 10:56am
Print Post  
Hi Colin, I have a big black leather handbag that is the right dimensions when empty but obviously wider when full.  I've travelled with it twice now and not been questioned

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #2 - Dec 28th, 2014 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
We have travelled with them a few times since they launched their 'charm offensive' and have noticed that little notice now seems to be taken regarding either cabin bag or handbag provided they are vaguely sensible.  I think if you turned up with two cabin bags you would probably fall foul of them but there is not the compulsory bag measuring that there used to be.

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #3 - Dec 28th, 2014 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Always thought how good you look carrying that pink glitzy handbag!

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 28th, 2014 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
Well to answer my own query now I have travelled...  the dims don't seem to matter, there is no evidence of the dreaded Size Checking Crate.  Lots of pax had large 2nd pieces - like large backpack plus a wheeled cabin bag without a problem - so I won't heistate to use my expandable shoulder bag in future.  Security procedures at STN is prolonged, it took us 45 minutes from joining the queue to getting thru to airside, and there´s contruction under way ( isn´t there always at airports?) so give yourselves plenty of time.  Cabin staff less stressed and obviouslt FR now employ customer relationship trainers. Bon voyage mes amis !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top