Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 25 Answer wanted Filmon viewing? (Read 15542 times)
RiumarPat
Ex Member

Answer wanted Filmon viewing?
Mar 30th, 2015 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Last night we watched the same TV programme on Filmon, Jim on his Mac laptop, me on my PC in the same room. Why was his programmme about 6 seconds ahead of mine? Looked weird!

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Re: Answer wanted Filmon viewing?
Reply #1 - Mar 31st, 2015 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Hi Pat,
Yes my Reguers friends have brought this up as well.Could be a difference in the 2 applications being used? or I suggest it was just that Jim was nearer to the WIFI signal   Cheesy  This surely must be a case for our Bunter chappie! what say you dear fellow?

IP Logged

RiumarPat
Ex Member

Re:Bunter an Answer wanted Filmon viewing?
Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 10:43am
Print Post  
It is a puzzle that Jim's Mac is ahead of my PC while watching the same programme on Filmon, why?

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 11:57am
Print Post  
Try a different browser. Internet explorer appears to give problems. I do not know the short answer and browser, Drivers and a differing operating system could be the cause. As long as it works who cares. If not delete the filmon app and reinstall before you do that clear the apps cache and that of your VPN if you use one.Most filmon apps work without a VPN others drop the UK channels if you do not use a VPN. You never know Pat it could be the Riumar sandstorms causing the problem.   Wink

http://software.informer.com/search/FilmOn%20HDi%20Player

http://www.postseek.com/meta/3fc2810dc9f370d82ff678a8de191c73

You could always get an Android box here is a video of one set up by allthingstech. All the software is available free on the internet and you never have to buy or rent a film again. Plus live Saturday football, Rugby, and Racing.Oh and lots of " Ladies" programmes when the sport is off air.  Grin Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qZdc1j5XhY

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #4 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Are people still watching Filmon via a browser.  I downloaded Filmon HDiplayer ages ago and find it much easier and no ads etc.
http://www.filmon.com/download#win (Other operating systems available on the site)

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #5 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Xbmc (now called Kodi) shown in the vid above, is also available to download to PC and other operating systems.  No need to buy the box.

IP Logged

RiumarPat
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
This android box, does it fix into the TV set directly without the use of the pc? cause that's what I want.

IP Logged

geandi
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Quote:
This android box, does it fix into the TV set directly without the use of the pc? cause that's what I want.

It fits via HDMI  cable

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #8 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Yes it does Pat as stated via the HDMI cable.You plug it from the HDMI port on the back or side of your television into the back of the android box.The box gets its information from the internet via wifi or an ethernet cable from the box to your router.  Unless of course you want to have your PC running in the corner as with filmon and Kodi running on a PC.That fine if you want it running on your PC whilst you work etc. If you want it on the telly you either buy the box or mirror the films etc through an ipad/android tablet or Laptop.

IP Logged

RiumarPat
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Thanks Bunter. I use the cable from my laptop into my Sony TV but my poor laptop suffers all kinds of problems, today I was unable to download from BBCIplayer from through my VPN, my laptop went beserk flashing etc. I removed the programme & then downloaded it again same result!  So I was hoping that this android box would go directly into the TV without anything to do with my laptop!  No Chance? Maybe the gadget needs inventing!

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #10 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
Pat you do not need your lap top just the android box and your tv.They speak to each other via the hdmi cable no lap top required  Cool

If you do not wish to use an hdmi cable you can get a xbmc kodi dongle that just plugs into the tv and it gives you almost the same as an android box. Because of its size it will not have the power of the box but will do the job for little money.

IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #11 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
Essentially the box is a very small PC who's only job is to receive TV from the internet (just as your PC or laptop would do) and output the video to your TV.  As Bunter says, the better processor it has and the more memory then the better it will perform.  Basically it's internet in, video out.  There are plenty to choose from and even the better ones can be had at sub £100.

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #12 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 4:28am
Print Post  
Pat with regards your laptop download ccleaner from their website below and run it on your laptop it will clean all the bits of old programmes and software left on your system which slows it down and it may run better. Download the "Free" version. Or take the free trial of one of the others and do not take up their offer to buy after the trial period the next update will revert it to the free version. I would use the pro version to clear your laptop on it's first run. When you use it do not clean first of all run the registry clean the second one down of the menu then click scan for issues and when that's finished fix all. Then run cleaner with the little brush icon. It's very easy and good luck. I have used it for years and it has never deleted anything it shouldn't have.  Cheesy 

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

IP Logged

RiumarPat
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Apr 3rd, 2015 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Thanks Bunter I did what you advised ,it has cleaned it & I had no trouble viewing the debate last night!   But after 2 hours the TV screen ,not the PC went a funny pink.blue color now this happened for the first time the night before & my computer said it was my USBs fault, it is only 1 year old could it have failed so soon? I was hoping the cleaning up would solve this new problem.   I want to get the larger android box, can you advise which make/model to get & where to buy it?

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #14 - Apr 3rd, 2015 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Pat.
     I have " Googled" you colour problem and you can have a look at the results see if your problem is here and the solution.
If you want a cheap reliable computer shop I can recommend one it's in LAldea He is both knowledgeable and honest rare I know but I can only take as I find. He speaks English and his shop is a few doors down from the English shop that closed a few months ago. His number is 977451293. Address Av Catalunya 356 , L`Aldea 43896.

https://plus.google.com/113060074549233394170/about?gl=es&hl=en

https://www.google.es/search?q=PC%20went%20a%20funny%20pink.blue%20color%20&ie=u...

Wink Wink Wink   Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top