Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Wifi routers (Read 2386 times)
Bazza

Forum newbie

Wifi routers
Apr 25th, 2015 at 8:07am
Print Post  
Can anyone give me some advise as to which is a good wifi router to buy to use here that works well and has a good range. Not sure if any difference but have internet via satellite.
Or am I better off getting a booster as well to get a good signal in the campo?
Regards bazza

IP Logged

ColinB
Ex Member

Re: Wifi routers
Reply #1 - Apr 25th, 2015 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
Others may say differently but I have come to the conclusion that the most expensive is the best.  Cheap doesn't work !

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #2 - Apr 28th, 2015 at 11:33am
Print Post  
With the help of a friend who is good at this sort of thing I've just fitted an Edimax BR-6428nC which links to the router provided by Telefonica.  At 9dBi it has a fair wallop but just to be on the safe side he also brought with him a Edimax EW-7438RPn Mini (plug in module) that talks to its 'big brother'.  The result: A strong signal all round the house and outside as well.  He brought them with him from CPC in Preston.  I don't know if they deliver here but Les and his van claim to have a bit of capacity in a few days' time and his journey starts form that neck of the woods.

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #3 - Apr 28th, 2015 at 12:31pm
Print Post  

Tortosa_WiFi_001.png ( 180 KB | 144 Downloads )
Tortosa_WiFi_001.png

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #4 - Apr 28th, 2015 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
That's the fella.  My friend brought it out with him in his hand luggage and was worried that the 'wands' might be perceived to be a stabbing instrument.  Instead the officious security guards took his ethernet crimping tool off him for no apparent reason.  He just bought some more here and was allowed to take them back to England with him.  (I feel a comedic thread entitled 'Things we've had taken off us at airport security' coming on!)  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top