Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 25 alternative provider for Eurona (Read 15204 times)
dijs5152
YaBB Newbies

Forum newbie

alternative provider for Eurona
Apr 26th, 2015 at 10:02am
Print Post  
Can somebody recommend a good and reliable land line and internet provider ? Location is 3 km from Reguers. Have a lot of problems with Eurona telephone land line and the intenet speed provided.
Calls within Spain and this area are nearly not working the last weeks.Although Eurona provided us with a new antenna receiver problem is at this moment not solved. A technician has been promissed to visit us next week again.

Rob Dijs

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Re: alternative provider for Eurona
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 12:53pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
Bunter dear chap, Ebrecom will not be able to help Rob.They serve mainly in a slim corridor along the Ebro River & most of the Ebro delta (as far as I can see). Anyway,I as a long term Eurona sufferer,have recently either spoken to or heard of a multitude of current problems involving either expats or other non spanish clients (obviously I am not in communication with their Catalan clients, so I cannot speak for them).Their engineers have recently put a great receiver in for my internet signals, it´s big enough I am sure to now pick up all the International Space station broadcasts ,but hey not any where near my 6MB contracted internet signal from our friends at Eurona! There is an obvious current on-going problem,where Eurona are clearly unable to supply myself and others (that we have been speaking to) the legal 10 percent MB limit the Spanish law allows them! (Forget what we have contracted with them). With respect to Nigel,whom I will always treat as a friend,I do not feel that if we challenge Eurona,then we are challenging Nigel. So let´s jointly think about a protest against Eurona & try and get this company thinking about its clients again. If you agree with me then PM me & I will coordinate a collective complaint to the local trading standards body on a joint basis.This may take a few months,but let´s see how we go.
Ebrorob
« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2015 at 9:54am by »  

IP Logged

spanishcatfishing

catfish guide

Reply #3 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
We have used iberanda for almost 10 years now and we have no problems.  They might be more expensive but at least we have a reliable connection.

Tom & Mo
IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Reply #4 - Apr 27th, 2015 at 8:35am
Print Post  
There are problems with capacity. As I said many times before, before the big TV switch off, WiMax is not suitable for IPTV service when a large number of people are using it - it is a limited bandwidth technology.

So, what has happened? Load of people connected with IPTV, Android boxes and streaming to their PC's in one form or another and the result.. poor service as insufficient bandwidth - should I say 'you were warned' ??

I'm in contact with Eurona about the problems - and they are fully aware of them. There is a plan to improve the capacity around Tortosa but it won't be completed until August due to permissions etc.

Re Iberbanda - at the momento it is ok but Iberbanda are not investing anything in their network and are losing lots of customers due to price and speed, they have máximum 3Mb (this comes from an Iberbanda engineer).

IP Logged

RiumarPat
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 27th, 2015 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Well you know our problems! Interesting that you wrote this before I phoned you after 10am today!  I wonder if Eurona engineers know what they are doing? after working on our set up for hours fitting a high mast & changing the direction to face the hotel & we know that definately does'nt work! We are giving them to return to make things work.

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #6 - Apr 28th, 2015 at 3:03am
Print Post  
Pat
      I was walking my dogs the other day over your neck of the woods and had coffee at the nice bakery there in Riumar in the group of shops on the last turning out of town from the beach. I used their free wifi whilst there and out of boredom did a speed test re the Wifi connection and was getting a download speed of 9mbs. I have Iberbanda but only have 3 mbs. I wonder if the same Wifi as the cafe would work for you. I spoke with the young man in the cafe and he told me they only pay 14 Euro per month. He gave me the guys number who fitted theirs. His name is Agusti and his number is 647997599 and the name of the company is Delinternet. Take you laptop down to the cafe and try before you buy  Cheesy

http://www.delinternet.com/

IP Logged

dijs5152
YaBB Newbies

Forum newbie

Reply #7 - Apr 28th, 2015 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Dear Nigel,

Thanks for the explenation what causes the  capacity problem, but and again this reply is not personal to you but to the company Eurona.
As mentioned in your comment you predicted that this problem could be expected when they decided in the UK to stop with broadcasting in all Europe.
Is it not the responsibility from every company ( if you want to stay in the market ) that you look into the (near)  future to find out what can happen ??
It is Obvious that Eurona is not managing the expectations and changes in the market, they only react on problems on that moment and than you have a lot of unsatisfied customers. The problem with the capacity is large, friends in Camarles have the problem. So if you in this the aerea it is problem from Riumar to Camarles to Aldover were I am living .

Is it possible that you inform us with an e-mail account from the director of Eurona so that we can file  an official  customer complaint in relation to the problems we all have ? And will they give us a discount on our bills because we do not receive the service for which we pay ?
For me it is also a good idee from Ebrorob to co-ordinate the complaints  and of course I will be one them, but it is not possible to PM him because I do not access to the possibility.

Nigel, again it is not personal to you . ( I worked myself for 9 years for the BT group in Holland so I know a little bit of the problem from unsatisfied customers)

Kind regards, Rob Dijs
perhaps you will come to my house to see if we can solve the problem from the Phone connection I asked for an engineer and they informed me that they will call in the near future for an appointment.

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Apr 28th, 2015 at 10:45am
Print Post  
dijs5152 wrote on Apr 28th, 2015 at 10:29am:
Dear Nigel,

Thanks for the explenation what causes the  capacity problem, but and again this reply is not personal to you but to the company Eurona.
As mentioned in your comment you predicted that this problem could be expected when they decided in the UK to stop with broadcasting in all Europe.
Is it not the responsibility from every company ( if you want to stay in the market ) that you look into the (near)  future to find out what can happen ??
It is Obvious that Eurona is not managing the expectations and changes in the market, they only react on problems on that moment and than you have a lot of unsatisfied customers. The problem with the capacity is large, friends in Camarles have the problem. So if you in this the aerea it is problem from Riumar to Camarles to Aldover were I am living .

Is it possible that you inform us with an e-mail account from the director of Eurona so that we can file  an official  customer complaint in relation to the problems we all have ? And will they give us a discount on our bills because we do not receive the service for which we pay ?
For me it is also a good idee from Ebrorob to co-ordinate the complaints  and of course I will be one them, but it is not possible to PM him because I do not access to the possibility.

Nigel, again it is not personal to you . ( I worked myself for 9 years for the BT group in Holland so I know a little bit of the problem from unsatisfied customers)

Kind regards, Rob Dijs
perhaps you will come to my house to see if we can solve the problem from the Phone connection I asked for an engineer and they informed me that they will call in the near future for an appointment.

Hi Rob
My email address is ebrorob@hotmail.com

IP Logged

Stuandeve
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 9:18am
Print Post  
Eurona don't care about their customers, that's why they don't bother to answer emails. They advertise 3 mbs for 18 euros, but we are paying 24 euros and when we did a speed test we were getting 0.13mbs. No wonder it is slow. Phone calls to them are a waste of time, might as well go bang your head against the wall. There are several companies out there providing rural internet and 1 of them is going to be getting our business cos we are fed up with being ignored by Eurona who just want to take your money every month but don't know the meaning of customer service.

IP Logged

hivi
Ex Member

eurona
Reply #10 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
i am sorry to say that nobody warned me about problems I might have in the future with eurona I am paying for 6 mgb and am lucky if I get 2.As you say phoning doesnot help because nobody reacts.As I also have my landline with eurona \\\\i have now decided to go back to movistar for the phone so that at least people can reach me again.if there is another provider who can give me my english channels please let me know because I am really fed up with the situation. I am in ampolla.

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Eurona don't care about their customers, that's why they don't bother to answer emails. They advertise 3 mbs for 18 euros, but we are paying 24 euros and when we did a speed test we were getting 0.13mbs. No wonder it is slow. Phone calls to them are a waste of time, might as well go bang your head against the wall. There are several companies out there providing rural internet and 1 of them is going to be getting our business cos we are fed up with being ignored by Eurona who just want to take your money every month but don't know the meaning of customer service.

Interesting comments   Stuandeve, I do sincerely hope you find a more reliable & not too expensive provider elsewhere. You have highlighted where I believe the Eurona management mindset is. I believe they know in this particular area,there are hardly any alternative rural internet providers.I myself believe (where I am located) that Iberbanda are the only other provider. So in these cases they assume you will just have to stick with them! Thats why they are cheaper & have, whether intentionally or not,overloaded their network   Cry

IP Logged

JamJarChris

Power to the peaceful

Reply #12 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Very happy Delinternet customer here in el campo above Camarles
€15 per month for 10mb down and probably about 2mb up

Kids just rented a flat in the village and Iberbanda (Movistar) are charging €40 per month for similar speeds.

quod ambit, redit
GTalk  
IP Logged

RiumarPat
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Apr 30th, 2015 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
A very nice man from Delinternet came to us today, if all goes well we will sign up! We have tree problems so we will have to see.........

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Reply #14 - Apr 30th, 2015 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
Sorry to hear of all your problems. Can only assume that your area is particularly overloaded. We use the l'Ametlla antenna and have no problems. Interestingly, Eurona will only offer us 1mb but we get a consistent 3mb for our €18.
We use my-private-network as a VPN for £5 a month and Voiptalk for the phone with a UK number so relatives can call us without worrying about the cost and we can phone UK agencies and appear as a UK number.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top