Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Changing UK Registered vehicle to Spanish Plates (Read 9430 times)
Bob8414
Ex Member

Changing UK Registered vehicle to Spanish Plates
Jun 16th, 2015 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
I have a 1994 LHD (first purchased in Germany and then sold in England) Fiat Ducato motorhome that I would like to register in Spain, being LHD I believe it should be easy and would appreciate any advice, would also need to get LHD headlights if anyone knows of any about, being 1994 not concerned if they are second hand from a scrapped vehicle, also being Scottish I do not want to spend a lot of money!! Grin

IP Logged

Betty_Swollox

Old git

Re: Changing UK Registered vehicle to Spanish Plates
Reply #1 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
Speak to Robin Wilson on 636104592.

He re-registered my LHD Mercedes estate and the whole process was very easy and didn't cost lots of money.

Good luck,
Simon

IP Logged

briand6868

Here, wishing I was there

Reply #2 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 11:05pm
Print Post  
Another vote for Robin, did my car and now sorting my parents one also.

IP Logged

Bob8414
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 17th, 2015 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Thanks both, will give him a call tomorrow and hopefully all will be fine.
Grin

IP Logged

piolin
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 17th, 2015 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
Hi there
We have the same thing and we have been told "no way" Please let us all know how you get on with this.
Paul

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Robin is also very knowledgeable about the ins and outs of the Spanish tax system and will deal with your tax returns for you.  He will visit you in your home, gather all the information needed and then complete everything for you.

IP Logged

JamJarChris

Power to the peaceful

Reply #6 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
another +1 for Robin.

Some friends recently re-matriculated their motorhome here - I seem to recall there was a problem which was solved by doing part of the process in Spain (Valencia I think) and then coming back to Catalonia to finish off the process.

I can ask for more detail if required.

quod ambit, redit
GTalk  
IP Logged

chrispain
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 18th, 2015 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
No1 VISIT TECHNIC IN TORTOSA .TAKE ALL PAPERWORK
                   No2go to ITV STATION .MAKE SURE No ON CHASSIS IS CLEAN AND READABLE AS ALWAYS SEEMS TO BE A PROBLEM
                   No3 VISIT HACIENDA TO PAY DUTY
                   No4 VISIT BASE OFFICE TO PAY ROAD TAX
                   No5 VISIT OFFICINA DE TRAFFICO IN TARRAGONA.APPOINTMENT MUST BE MADE .THEY WILL ISSUE NUMBER SAME DAY

IP Logged

john_and_angela

Reply #8 - Jun 20th, 2015 at 12:36am
Print Post  
Is it possible to do all the work yourself? Or do you need a gestor?

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #9 - Jun 20th, 2015 at 9:01am
Print Post  
Possible to do yourself if you speak the language, and don't mind going to Traffico in Tarragona.

IP Logged

piolin
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jun 20th, 2015 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Hi chrispain
The route you posted may work with newer vehicles 2004 ish onward's as they have a "Certificate of Conformation" this "COC" did not exist in the early 1990's.....
So you have to try to find a Technic who will take on a motorhome, don't forget before it can pass the ITV it also has to have Gas & Elect certificate's.
I will be trying the Assessoria Milian   on Monday and as he is down towards the Spanish Catalan border that may be what "JamJarChris" meant ?
Fingers crossed

IP Logged

Bob8414
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 9:15am
Print Post  
Hi all, going through the process now, had to remove tow bar as it did not have a certificate, getting gas safety check done today in Amposta (hopefully), changing rear lights so fog light is on correct side for Spain, headlights are ok, so things going well but will keep you all posted with results and costs involved. Grin

IP Logged

Bob8414
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jul 2nd, 2015 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Gas Safety check done which meant getting a new connector, pipe and gas bottle, all together costing 70 euros and took less than 10 minutes, certificate issued with no problem. Smiley

IP Logged

Bob8414
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
OK, to update all that have an interest in this, electric certificate done, took some time as it is the same as getting one for your private home, several pages, photographs taken and documents submitted for rubber stamps to be applied, the fuse box had to be updated with a trip type fuse, all in costs 250 Euro, so today went to get the IVA but it failed on two counts, one being reflectors to the rear and the brakes need bleeding, easy to do and should get it back to Tortosa this week, cost just over 120 Euro, the vehicle being old it is in good condition and there were four staff checking it over, taking photographs of everything inside and out, then they measured it, all good, so hopefully it should not be long now, will keep you all updated. Note examiner even tried to fix the brakes whilst we waited!
Wink

IP Logged

Bob8414
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Aug 20th, 2015 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Vehicle is in a garage in Tortosa waiting parts for the rear brakes, having removed the tow bar(not certificated and no paperwork) which was fitted to tow a small car and was typically German engineering and very heavy, the removal changed the profile of the rear braking system making them ineffective and they got stuck in the closed position, so now have to get new parts, hopefully everything will sort itself out! Shocked

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top