Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Rental villa - registering with Mossos (Read 3720 times)
JennyWren
Ex Member

Rental villa - registering with Mossos
Jun 24th, 2015 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
I understand that everyone with a rental villa has to submit a list of people staying with the Mossos. I've followed a link to their website https://www14.gencat.cat/mossos_hotels/AppJava/login.do but you obviously have to register to use it first.

Does anyone know how to register?
Thanks

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Re: Rental villa - registering with Mossos
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Hi Jenny,
Not sure now,but Catalunya brought in a new law (a few years back) regarding the obligation for property owners to  obtain a "letting licence" from the local authority before letting holiday homes on a short term basis ie for a few weeks at a time.I am not sure if it is still in force? maybe other TF members will be able to confirm this? But if so,perhaps the local Police may also want to see that as well as noting the names of who is staying in your holiday home? Apologies of course if you have already obtained one. Goodluck

IP Logged

susanita

¡Ole!

Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2015 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
To register a rental property you need to get a cedula first.  There is a technical architect in L'Ametlla who can do this. Then you take the cedula, house deeds and personal identification to the town hall to register the property.  Once the tourist registration number has come through you have to register with the Mossos. We did this at their police station in Tortosa. There is quite a bit of documentation to download, forms the holidaymakers have to complete when they arrive, notification of the tourist tax fees (to be displayed in the property) etc. Once the tourists have filled out the forms and paid their tax you have 24 hours to put the information on the mossos website.  Payment is made via the bank 4 times per year. Once the property has been registered all this info will be given to you, mostly in Catalan I'm afraid. It's quite a lengthy process but can be done  Smiley

IP Logged

JamJarChris

Power to the peaceful

Reply #3 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Just a note - these tourist licences appear to be unavailable from Camarles.

Friends have been waiting over 6 months for one.

quod ambit, redit
GTalk  
IP Logged

JennyWren
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 25th, 2015 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Yes, we've registered at the Town Hall and paid our €50. We've received our HUTTE number. It's the process of registering our guests with the Mossos that has me foxed. I found to Mossos website but cannot see how to register as a user.

If they want people to comply with the rules, why do they have to make it so complicated? Maybe it's on purpose so they can fine us when we slip up? Huh

IP Logged

susanita

¡Ole!

Reply #5 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
You have to go in person to the Mossos Police Station.  We were told in L'Ametlla to go to the one in Tortosa.  We registered with them and some days later received an email from them with our password so we could enter their website as a user to register our holiday guests.

IP Logged

JennyWren
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 26th, 2015 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to do it online.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top