Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Problem with gas fridge, (Read 3794 times)
Tarayoles
Ex Member

Problem with gas fridge,
Jul 12th, 2015 at 7:28am
Print Post  
I have a Butsir gas fridge freezer. Three times in the last three days we've had to clean the chimney, each time sooted up. The carbon monoxide smell is overpowering even with windows open day and night. Anyone got any ideas .

IP Logged

Petertwosheds
Ex Member

Re: Problem with gas fridge,
Reply #1 - Jul 12th, 2015 at 8:56am
Print Post  
the problem will be with the burner at the bottom of the flue, most likely dust around gauze at the base of the burner that protects the injector, either that or the burner has broken. Undecided please remember that carbon monoxide kills ! my advice would be not to use it until it has been repaired !

IP Logged

Tarayoles
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 12th, 2015 at 9:14am
Print Post  
Thanks, will have a look, trouble with not using it, there's a freezer full of food, we've just got back from UK with lots of goodies! But we are aware of carbon monoxide, thanks for the advice.

IP Logged

Betty_Swollox

Old git

Reply #3 - Jul 12th, 2015 at 10:52am
Print Post  
Most heating and air conditioning engineers will have gas fridge experience. Just look for one in your area.

IP Logged

ceilidh
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 12th, 2015 at 11:46am
Print Post  
We had same problem the engineer took out the jet and cleaned it with petrol it was gummed up .have done it myself since and it is an easy job.

IP Logged

Smidge
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 12th, 2015 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
"Carbon monoxide is odorless, colorless and tasteless. Sometimes when people say they can smell it what they really are smelling is the byproducts of the fuel that is burning, not the CO. These fuels also can cause a taste in some people's mouths."

Got the above on the internet. However I would still get someone who knows to sort it out.

IP Logged

sutgesdad

Forum newbie

Reply #6 - Aug 21st, 2015 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Hi. I have a Butsir too, and I have had this problem myself. Had a Repsol service guy out to look at it and he couldn't sort it out so advised it went back to Butsir factory in Barcelona. But, after a little online research I did 2 things which solved it completely.
I bought a new injector from that ferreteria in Tortosa, opposite the old NIE police station. Fitted that, fully cleaned chimner, burner etc and then, this is THE  most important thing, made sure fridge was 100% level side to side and front to back. That's it, fixed, working, great!! Now I clean chimney etc every few months. Tri it but concentrate on levelling the whole thing. Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top