Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Long standing insurance claim (Read 1470 times)
jools
Ex Member

Long standing insurance claim
Nov 6th, 2015 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Hello everyone,

The first thing I would like to do is thank all of the people who sent good wishes after my motor accident in May 2014, and most of all Rita & Paul for their support and best wishes constantly through my recovery.

If you go back through my postings from around May 2014, and to cut a long story short I had a very nasty car accident (not my fault) and there was an ongoing discussion/dispute between my comments about my insurance broker and another one advertising on here.

I'm very happy to say that everything was finally resolved this week after 2 visits to court, my beautiful 2 year old Chevrolet Captiva 4x4 being written off, my terrible injuries due to seat belt damage, a broken sternum and 2 broken ribs, but thank God my Son who was then only 16 years old, escaped without a scratch, but had the the maturity to get out of the car and take many photos before all of the emergency services arrived.

My insurance broker Sammy Thomas, immediately went into action, securing me a rental car for what was originally agreed a 5 week maximum, but turned out to be a much longer time scale, and all was paid by Liberty Insurance Company via Sammy Thomas Insurance.

Then obviously like in any country, it was a long haul slog to claim for damage/injuries etc etc etc

Liberty paid out a more than acceptable sum for the car that was written off, and in Spain apparently you still own the vehicle after the write off, so Sammy put me in contact with a company who then bought the car for just over 4000 Euros, I couldn't believe it!!!!

He then recommended an excellent Lawyer to represent me in court, who speaks good English, because the other driver was over the alcohol limit. All of these expenses were were paid by Liberty Insurance company.

I went to court twice, obviously everything was in Spanish but I understood most of it, but I didn't have to speak a word, Daniel my Lawyer did everything. Originally the other insurance company offered out of court to what the judge said was fair, I feel that we have finally come to a fair conclusion.

I wont be a millionaire from the payout, but I have replaced my original car with almost the same model, my injuries are all healed after a long time having to go to hospitals because of lumps in my chest a long time after the accident, but now all is fine.

I suppose nobody knows how good an insurance policy is until you need to claim from it, but I can only applaud Sammy Thomas for his initial professionalism, and also his amazing after sales service, which also included a phone call today asking if I was happy with the outcome of the case.

Of course I said yes, and I will recommend him to every client we have though our business, which I've done since my accident anyway, and they only have the nicest things to say about his company.

He does advertise here on the forum, and I apologise for the long time of not responding, I actually came onto the forum today for the first time in over 18 months, because I was so annoyed about some of the sarcastic comments from some members, I seriously don't need that. 

The most amazing thing was that my personal message inbox was over loaded, it can only hold 50 messages, so some were lost, but the majority of them were from long standing Tortosa Forum members wishing me well, which I can assure you felt wonderful, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart, you know who you are.

So..........this is the end of an initially dangerous, upsetting court case through Spanish companies, that I can only describe as being very amicable and professionally handled by Sammy Thomas Insurance services.

Thank you so very much, any questions please just email me.

Jools

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top