Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Boats, (Read 3093 times)
Petertwosheds
Ex Member

Boats,
Nov 22nd, 2015 at 10:49am
Print Post  
We are thinking about bringing a Rib across from the UK 40 HP outboard, Where can we launch from, what papers, licences, certificates if any would be required.
I do believe that putting a boat on the river is very complicated, but where can I get advice or information from ?
Thanks in anticipation

IP Logged

Craig71
Ex Member

Re: Boats,
Reply #1 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Hi I hope this help.
Go on to www.chebro.es it's got an English translate button on there plus as you mentioned that's it's as 40hp outboard you will need to take a test to get a license for it no license needed if under 15hp and the boat it small than 4 meters in length,I believe you can do it  all online or visit agents rurals office in mora d'ebre
Happy boating,
Craig

IP Logged

Malcolm
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 28th, 2015 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
Hi
I might be able to help with the licensing and requirements so I have sent you a private message

Malcolm

IP Logged

coldalba
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 28th, 2015 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
The advice I was given, and followed, for boats on the sea was to keep it as a British boat. Like a car it should be transferred to Spanish reg after 6 months but .... As a visiting UK boat UK rules should be followed and UK licences are needed (i.e. none!)

IP Logged

Malcolm
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 17th, 2016 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
Coldaba you are right that if you keep the boat British registered then the rules are grey to say the least regarding the licensing of the boat . As far as you as skipper are concerned though they expect you to have a Spanish qualification if the boat is Spanish registered BUT expect you to have a UK qualification if it is UK flagged. The fact that the UK authorities  do not insist on anything doesn't mean you will get away with having nothing out here. They are probably looking for an International Certificate of Competence (ICC) as an equivalent to a local qualification.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top