Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 chemicals in septic tanks (Read 17963 times)
Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Re: chemicals in septic tanks
Reply #15 - Feb 28th, 2016 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Hi Paula,
I'm not an expert on this subject but for what it's worth, here is my experience with septic tanks.
When I moved into my property just over 10 years ago, the tank hadn't been in use for a couple of years.  There was no evidence that it had "dried out" and it functioned as expected.
Both our toilets (only one used 99.9% of the time), the shower and kitchen sink drain into it.  There are two people living in the house and maybe there is an ideal relationship between the size of the tank and the volume of waste water that discharges into it.  I only use a couple of the locally obtainable sachets very occasionally if I detect any trace of odor. I don't think it's something you need to be too concerned about.

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #16 - Feb 28th, 2016 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Ritaratbag wrote on Feb 17th, 2016 at 4:01pm:
You can buy the nbs sprang septic tank treatment direct.
For a years supply it cost £20.95 and is free shipping. website is nbs-products.com

I got mine via the above website free postage and quick delivery. The packet has a seal top and a monthly calendar on the back to tick off when you treat the loo. You just drop it into the nearest loo to the tank and let it do its work. The company seem to know what they are doing so will give the product a try.  Wink

IP Logged

sutgesdad

Forum newbie

Reply #17 - Mar 2nd, 2016 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
You can restart the septic tank process by using 2 x nbs sprang sachets and then one every month. The tank shouldn't be allowed to dry out though.

IP Logged

Paula
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
thanks

hopefully ours won't dry out & I throw a sachet of something down it when we are using it
« Last Edit: May 17th, 2016 at 8:01am by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top