Dec 4th, 2015 at 4:02pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Re: no fuel cash
Reply #1 - Dec 4th, 2015 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
I used to jokingly refer to my late mother's Winter Fuel Payments as her Summer Cooling Allowance when she lived here.  UK in winter or Spain in summer - it's just a subsidy to keep old folk at a reasonable temperature for the benefit of their health isn't it?

IP Logged

ClipClop
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 5th, 2015 at 10:00am
Print Post  
What a joke, it is colder in the houses here in winter than the UK!!

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #3 - Dec 5th, 2015 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
I agree.
Why do the majority of people think that Spain is warm or even hot, all year round?

IP Logged

PlanesPete

In the Pink....

Reply #4 - Dec 5th, 2015 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
We have a traditional wedge shaped casita as our lounge and it was pretty chilly in the winter, even with a good woodburner.
We fitted the 40mm polypropylene insulation available in most builders merchants. We trimmed it to fit tight between the old wooden vigas and the difference has been dramatic. It seems that all the heat was going straight out of the roof. We also paneled in the mezzanine to stop all the heat going up there.
Warm as toast now - better open the window cos it's 25 in here...

IP Logged

Betty_Swollox

Old git

Reply #5 - Dec 5th, 2015 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
Thanks, PlanesPete, for bringing to our attention what people in the UK have been doing for years; i.e. dealing with ways to stop your house losing heat, though it does work the same way in summer but in reverse.

Most of here in Catalunya have enjoyed much higher temperatures than the UK and so perhaps the benefits that should be claimed by those people who are living in the UK and suffer from colder temperatures and who are on a low income or past a certain age should be claimed by those people.

Any ex-pats living in warmer climes could perhaps make a claim to the Spanish (or similar country) government for their benefit, or at least for some loft insulation .....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top