Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Red diesel, amongst other things. (Read 2535 times)
Laird_Gray
Ex Member

Red diesel, amongst other things.
Feb 11th, 2016 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Hi,
I'm new to the forum. I've recently purchased an off grid finca in the Coll de L'Alba which needs some light restoration work. We are talking water supply, internal plumbing, internal electrics, and electricity generation. I currently have a big old air cooled diesel generator which runs well and powers the irrigation pump with a bit left over for the house. It's noisy. Where is the best place to get hold of a 5 - 6 kVa gen set to power the house until I can get solar installed?
Where can I buy red diesel locally to power the main generator? It's expensive running on white.
I've located a couple of good contractors to sort out some of my needs, any recommendations would be welcome.
Thanks.

IP Logged

Nigel
YaBB Administrator

Living here and loving
it!

Re: Red diesel, amongst other things.
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2016 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
You can get generators from several places, Herraiz, Primitivo Conesa, Hierros Delta to name just 3.
Red diesel, either PetroCat on the N340 or Recambios Simo in Tortosa (by Potts).

IP Logged

Laird_Gray
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Thanks to all for the advice.
I'm back to Spain for a week or so early March. I'll talk to the bank manager about the card for red diesel. I do have a 3000 litre tank installed but the supply line to the generator has been vandalised. Yet another job to sort out.. Can anyone recommend a diesel supplier who delivers?

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
Carper S.L. based in Xerta, at the back of the petrol station are very good. Have used them for several years.
Tel. 977473131 mobile 610473131
email rtejedor@carpersl.jazztel.es
There is another place based in Tortosa, near the bus station, but don't have details.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top