Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Bambi (Read 6987 times)
Michael

Village Idiot

Bambi
Feb 13th, 2016 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
I see that the Chinese restaurant at Corona roundabout has changed name to Restaurant Bambi and gained, according to the new sign, a Japanese element to its cuisine along with the usual Chinese and Catalan. 

Is it 'same old same old' or is there a noticeable change?  Is it any good?  I've heard it is a little dear.   BAMBI... a little deer.  No?!... Oh suit yourselves.   Wink

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Re: Bambi
Reply #1 - Feb 13th, 2016 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Really Michael,
Upon seeing your post headed Bambi I shed a tear as my mind swept back to the Disney film, imagine my horror as I sucked on my tea soaked custard cream and started to read further to see that the Chinese were now eating him!!!!!!!!!!!
Yours a traumatised Bambi loving Bulldog.

IP Logged

spanishcatfishing

catfish guide

Reply #2 - Feb 14th, 2016 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Michael you should have gone to speck savers!  The restaurant is called Restaurante Bambú

Tom & Mo
IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #3 - Feb 14th, 2016 at 4:17pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #4 - Feb 14th, 2016 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
spanishcatfishing wrote on Feb 14th, 2016 at 2:48pm:
Michael you should have gone to speck savers!  The restaurant is called Restaurante Bambú

Actually spanishcatfishing Michael has got it right as bambu is the Japanese word for Bambi.
Yours a well travelled but still traumatised Bulldog.

IP Logged

chrispain
Ex Member

Re: Bambu
Reply #5 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 9:34am
Print Post  
We had a really good meal there on Friday night. It is now a normal (refurbished) restaurant , the food was hot freshly cooked and good value. We had a meal for 2 inc drinks for 22e. Had the plates been warmed it would have been perfect. The menu del dia is only 6.95 which is good value.

IP Logged

Dusty
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 28th, 2016 at 10:22am
Print Post  
9 of us went for a menu last week. We all had the chinese menu (others available!) and the food was very good, hot(!) and tasty. Good value at 7.95 with all drinks etc included. The place was very popular with the workers. I hope they continue at this standard. Recommended.

IP Logged

Tony
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 10:24pm
Print Post  
We went for lunch today and chose the menu del dia at 7.95€.  Whilst the food was tasty there was not a great selection being mostly chicken or beef dishes, and it certainly was not Hot (in fact it seemed to have come straight from the fridge).  In our minds a bit of a disappointment.

IP Logged

ebrorob
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 8:53am
Print Post  
Yes I am afraid I will not be going again.I also had the cheap menu & every plate of food was on the "cold" side (as was the case for my four companions),although I must say they were very tasty.What a shame,hardly been open long & already,for me, on the way down.Must be something to do with that particular site,over these past 18 years,I have seen at least 5 or more Chinese restaurants come & go,each one I must say inevitably went down hill.
Or it just may be they resent folks picking the cheapo?  Maybe the cheapo meals are already made up each day & they just "nuke" them to order? In which case a new microwave would not go amiss.There were at least 10 other folks eating,when we went in,maybe they can not handle too many people? A friend ate here recently & they were the only people there & the food was hot?     Cry

When other folks try this place,I hope your meals do come out "Hot" or you may wish to remind them when ordering that you prefer your food Hot?    GOOD LUCK

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #9 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
Went the other day, only seven people in total eating there.
Had menu del dia, Chinese style.
Food was hot but wasn't impressed with my beef dish.
It was slimey? So left half of it.
Doubtful if we will go there again.

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #10 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Please watch from about 7min 25 secs in of the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U-4zYn-6Eg

Cool Cool