Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Cooperative trading (Read 7772 times)
scrystaal
YaBB Newbies

Forum newbie

Cooperative trading
Jul 5th, 2016 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
To all Spain off gridders and wanna be Spain off gridders...
I had the pleasure of being a part of two cooperatives which allowed for trade amongst individuals, land owners or otherwise; I would like to see more of this in my area.
So I would like anyone wanting to or already in eastern Spain living on a finca to comment about their general location and what products they currently or could produce in surplus to their needs. 
Another aspect of one of the cooperatives was for the group to get together once a month on a different of the members land to do large work projects or many small ones,  potluck lunch, trade items and just enjoy sharing community with like minded people.  So if you have a project on your property at some point this year that you would like help with also include that in your comments with a general time frame of when and I will volunteer to be the organizer for getting a schedule going and farms plugged into that schedule. 
For those just wanting to sample off grid living for a possible future adventure this would also be a great place to come, lend a hand and talk with a group of people in the area that are doing it directly. — looking for more friends.

IP Logged

chrispain
Ex Member

Re: Cooperative trading
Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2016 at 9:26am
Print Post  
scrystaal wrote on Jul 5th, 2016 at 5:10pm:
To all Spain off gridders and wanna be Spain off gridders...
I had the pleasure of being a part of two cooperatives which allowed for trade amongst individuals, land owners or otherwise; I would like to see more of this in my area.
So I would like anyone wanting to or already in eastern Spain living on a finca to comment about their general location and what products they currently or could produce in surplus to their needs. 
Another aspect of one of the cooperatives was for the group to get together once a month on a different of the members land to do large work projects or many small ones,  potluck lunch, trade items and just enjoy sharing community with like minded people.  So if you have a project on your property at some point this year that you would like help with also include that in your comments with a general time frame of when and I will volunteer to be the organizer for getting a schedule going and farms plugged into that schedule. 
For those just wanting to sample off grid living for a possible future adventure this would also be a great place to come, lend a hand and talk with a group of people in the area that are doing it directly. — looking for more friends.

I think this is a fantastic idea and would appeal to many people looking to make friends and exchange ideas and goods.

IP Logged

scrystaal
YaBB Newbies

Forum newbie

Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 8:43am
Print Post  
A tentative schedule is starting to come together...I am thinking (comments welcome) of the first Saturday of the month for our work/share/potluck starting at 9 for work and eating around 1 then having a music/sharing session after.
September 3rd we will meet at my place in Aldover.  http://maps.apple.com/maps?address=43591%20Aldover%20Catalonia%20Spain&ll=40.885...

Bring work gloves, something to eat for sharing, cement working tools if you have some and anything you would like to sell/trade.
October 1st Josie in Tivenys she needs house painting and building a donkey shelter. 
November 5th Dorothy (Ginestar) she has fall projects to be determined later
December 3rd Selina (Ginestar) tree pruning, other clean up projects and other projects to be determined.

IP Logged

JamJarChris

Power to the peaceful

Reply #3 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 7:41am
Print Post  
Like this - cannot make this weekend, but will come for the second weekend.

quod ambit, redit
GTalk  
IP Logged

JamJarChris

Power to the peaceful

Reply #4 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
Hi there,

Any updates on this - how did it go...when is the next one?

Thanks

quod ambit, redit
GTalk  
IP Logged

Bigyin
God Member

Onwards and Upwards !!

Reply #5 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
Why do you have to be "Off Grid" to qualify ?

Where there's life there's hope !!
IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #6 - Sep 30th, 2016 at 12:53am
Print Post  
Thanks for all your help last weekend " Off Gridders " Solar panel now works a treat.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Tortosa_off_de_grid.jpg ( 201 KB | 196 Downloads )
Tortosa_off_de_grid.jpg

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #7 - Sep 30th, 2016 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
Bunter,

Please do not use the image of my luxury abode, now as I have a solar panel, it should be referred to as my upgraded shack on the hill!!!
Yours, a modern up to date living Bulldog.

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #8 - Oct 2nd, 2016 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Bulldog... The solar panel is a vast improvement and, understandably, Bunter wished to show it off to all and sundry but I would be more worried about the inclusion of the yellow bucket that you use slop out.

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #9 - Oct 2nd, 2016 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Dear Micheal or should I use your European name since Brexit Dear Michael!!!

As for your comment about the yellow bucket, it is strategically placed to catch running water. What running water or whose I refuse to say.
Hope you can make it to the septic tank party Which is a bring your own bucket affair.
Yours, all the mod cons using Bulldog.

IP Logged

Michael

Village Idiot

Reply #10 - Oct 2nd, 2016 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
Bulldog... I'm surprised you even have to ask will I make it to the sceptic's tank party.  Of course I will be there.  They don't call me 'potty mouth' for nothing. 

Yours sceptically,
Micheal

IP Logged

scrystaal
YaBB Newbies

Forum newbie

Reply #11 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
You don't have to be "off grid" to "qualify" it was merely copied and pasted from a Facebook group for off gridders so was worded that way.  You don't even have to have a finca although we wouldn't be able to reciprocate with work if you didn't have any that needed doing.

IP Logged

LizyAl
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
Cooperative traders....We bought our Finca in June and haven't had time to tend the olive trees but there are plenty of olives (organic - uncertified ) and we don't have time to pick them all this year. So rather than see them go to waste why not swap for something you no longer want or need? Happy to barter for anything organic.... eggs, home made jam, olive oil, honey and (at a push Wink ) home-baking!!! Open to offers....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top