Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 e-books (Read 8688 times)
Bulldog

Forum newbie

e-books
Dec 12th, 2016 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Hi all,
I have been trying to buy some e-books from Amazon for my Kindle but all I get from them is change my country from UK to Spain but I cannot read Spanish and what few books are in English are terrible and apart from Amazon I do not know any other safe sights to go on, as I have now read all the crime,thriller and mystery e-books given to me by a very kind friend ( Ritaratbag ) any suggestions for safe sites please.
Many thanks,
Mrs Bulldog.

IP Logged

David
Ex Member

Re: e-books
Reply #1 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Hello.
I buy a lot of ebooks from Amazon.
I use the laptop to connect to amazon.co.uk via google.
I select the ebook(s) and choose download to my kindle.
When I turn the kindle on, the download starts no problem
You need to be set up as a login/user on amazon.co.uk

IP Logged

susanita

¡Ole!

Reply #2 - Dec 13th, 2016 at 11:35am
Print Post  
I had the same problem so what I do now is go to Amazon.co.uk, look for books and then go to Amazon.es, put the title of the book or the author's name in the search box (in English) and in most cases the book in English will come up.  In fact I do that with lots of products, not only books and it usually works.  Amazon Spain has improved a lot over the last few months.

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #3 - Dec 13th, 2016 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2016 at 3:50am by Bunter »  

Tortosa_Book_Puss.jpg ( 12 KB | 149 Downloads )
Tortosa_Book_Puss.jpg

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #4 - Dec 16th, 2016 at 12:50am
Print Post  
http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/20-best-websites-to-download-free-e-books/

http://www.freebookspot.es/

The list above are from kathy Reichs who is on a par with Patricia Cornwell give them a try.....They cost nowt  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Or you can just search for you fav  Cool Cool

Tortosa_Moggy.gif ( 19 KB | 155 Downloads )
Tortosa_Moggy.gif

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #5 - Dec 17th, 2016 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Hi all,

Many thanks to you all for your advice. I have tried the different methods but so far the one you mention Bunter ( utorrent ) the audio books I have had the most success with, Bulldog can not praise you enough as his thing is to listen to books rather than read them. Is there a site similar to the audio books site as this seems to have most of the authors on that I like to read as I am never sure what sites are safe to download from. The last site you put on when I finally got into it I think it was a free trial only.
Many thanks again even though I do feel irritated looking at his smug face eating custard creams listening to the book I got him telling me to keep the noise down!!!
Mrs Bulldog.

IP Logged

Haynsey
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Dec 20th, 2016 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
esokrat.com free download books in choice of format to suit kindle/iPads etc

IP Logged

Ritaratbag
God Member

Forum newbie

Reply #7 - Dec 21st, 2016 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Mr. & Mrs. Bulldog.
Nice to know that you are both o.k at the shack on the hill
and enjoying the books.
No doubt Mr. Bulldog is enjoying the kids audio books at the moment. Adult books will be beyond him.
Bet he is making a mess eating the custard creams.
Happy Christmas, anyway.

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #8 - Dec 23rd, 2016 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to you and Paul and to all on the forum, even you Bunter, can`t eat a label what ever next. Due to your prowess with internet advice you are forgiven so you can have a Merry Christmas as well Bunter.

Depression has set in here at the shack on the hill. For the first time in history I was organised I put it down to all the Harry Potter books I had been listening to. As a surprise to the wife I did the one fingered tap to the man with the van sending him my Xmas goody list, then telling the wife I had a nice surprise this year, none of my baking. At this her face lit up that got me a little worried as I didn`t think my homemade mince pies were that bad, maybe dangerous to the stomach but not that bad. Happily I set off shopping ( well as happy as I can be )returning home the self important alpha male I made the big exposure and flashed open the bag. Somewhat bewildered she looked and said cheese and a lot of it. So with my usual flare I said not just cheese but CHEESE to be eaten with the mince pies winging their way from the UK. Sadly my moment of glory was shortlived as the email from the man in the van said very sorry due to a computer error he had lost our list so no goodies for Xmas for us. Custard creams and cheese just is not the same but am still enjoying the kids audio books.
Yours a constipated Bulldog.

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #9 - Dec 23rd, 2016 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
Mr and Mrs B compliments of the season to you both. I think Mr B should try and have another go at baking his own. Here is my old pink friend Eric He's a bit like me but not as camp. His shop in London is to die for yummy works of art. Anyway have a look below.  Cool Cool Cool Cool

http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/foodanddrink/eric-lanlards-recipe-for-mince-...

https://marieattea.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/unofficial-cake-boy-review/

Tortosa_Slimmers_World.jpg ( 45 KB | 152 Downloads )
Tortosa_Slimmers_World.jpg

IP Logged

Bunter
God Member

Forum Cerebral Bore

Reply #10 - Dec 23rd, 2016 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
Grin Grin Grin

Bulldogs_Nightmare_1_.jpg ( 25 KB | 151 Downloads )
Bulldogs_Nightmare_1_.jpg

IP Logged

Bulldog

Forum newbie

Reply #11 - Dec 24th, 2016 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Bunter,

I`ll have that one at the bottom !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yours awaiting delivery Bulldog.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top