Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Finca or Flat (Read 9161 times)
Robors2
Ex Member

Finca or Flat
Feb 5th, 2017 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
Hello, hope you are all well.
I am coming to Spain again to visit new area next week.
This time I am looking south of Catalonia in Peniscola.

After receiving some advise from forum members I have decided not to buy finaca in Ampolla and the search continues.
I have not only moved from Tarragona region but also toying with idea of buying two bed flat with a terrace.

After speaking to an English man in Flix he was trying to sell his finca and move to town near everything.

What is your experience with living where you are and do you know the area of Peniscola?
regards
Rob

IP Logged

mf175
Ex Member

Re: Finca or Flat
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2017 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Horses for courses I guess.
Living in a flat close to all amenities and living in a Finca, possibly off grid are worlds apart.
Only you know which would suit you best.
It's Finca life all the way for me as I love been almost self sufficient, I love nature and peace and quiet, I love farm work and been outdoors at any opportunity and I hate people!! Just kidding....dislike is a better word!! Ha ha

IP Logged

Robors2
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2017 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hi,

It's Finca life all the way for me as I love been almost self sufficient,

I would love to do that as I worked on the farm from the age of 7 until I was 20.
How much (roughly ) per month is almost sufficient?

IP Logged

David
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2017 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Hello
I live Near Vinaros which is near to Peniscola.
Peniscola is a nice place to live. Quiet in the winter but busy in the summer. The old town is interesting, if a bit touristy. The beaches are big with fine sand.
If you would like to see fincas and/or appartments in the area around Peniscola, I would recommend  www.carobtree.co.uk.
The owner Fred is very helpful and is willing to take you to  visit the properties you are interested in. Check out the web site first
David

IP Logged

Olijfje
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 8th, 2017 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
Hi Rob,
A finca or a flat ....... that is a huge difference. Do you like gardening? Do you like to have a lot of land? Do you like to go to shops or not? Do you like to grow your own veggies, bake your own bread, have chickens? When you like that, a finca is the answer.

A finca can be more difficult when you are 70+. It all depends from the finca of course.

We live in Vinaros. Not in a flat, but in a house. The advantage is that all the shops are close by.
Peniscola is very nice, but in the winter it is dead. Vinaros is alive all year rond, like Tortosa.

Succes with house/flat/finca-hunting!

IP Logged

Robors2
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 8th, 2017 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hi Rob,
A finca or a flat ....... that is a huge difference. Do you like gardening? Do you like to have a lot of land? Do you like to go to shops or not? Do you like to grow your own veggies, bake your own bread, have chickens? When you like that, a finca is the answer.

A finca can be more difficult when you are 70+. It all depends from the finca of course.

We live in Vinaros. Not in a flat, but in a house. The advantage is that all the shops are close by.
Peniscola is very nice, but in the winter it is dead. Vinaros is alive all year rond, like Tortosa.

Succes with house/flat/finca-hunting!

I would love to work the lad, I use to do it when I was a kid, but
I am looking for a project and ideally lock up and go project.
I had a look at properties in Vinaros and the prices are very good, so I definitely want to visit the town next week.
Cheers
Rob 

IP Logged

AntRibo
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 1:31am
Print Post  
Hello,
I've bought a finca near Malaga recently. I've applied to real estate broker Tranio in Barcelona - nice girl Susanna offered me the alluring options.
First I decided to buy olive farm in Llobregat but changed my mind after our conversation.  Roll Eyes I leave the prices on properties in Peniscola https://tranio.es/spain/valencia/peniscola/ - check if you wish.

Saludos

IP Logged

Robors2
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hello,
I've bought a finca near Malaga recently. I've applied to real estate broker Tranio in Barcelona - nice girl Susanna offered me the alluring options.
First I decided to buy olive farm in Llobregat but changed my mind after our conversation.  Roll Eyes I leave the prices on properties in Peniscola https://tranio.es/spain/valencia/peniscola/ - check if you wish.

Saludos

Malaga to Barcelona is a quite a distance.??

IP Logged

AntRibo
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
That's  the whole point. She made me change my mind totally. Over the better climate I suppose. As far as I remember they have an office in Torrevieja too

IP Logged

Pondgirl
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Apr 30th, 2017 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
Malaga and Southern Catalunya couldn't be more different.  I love the climate up here it's much less extreme than down there Smiley

As for finca or flat I would say it really depends on your age, health and how much you like your own company.  We live in a small village and have a nearby finca that we visit every day.  If you aren't going to be living there permanently I would recommend living in a village/town, too many robbing barstewards haunting the campo.

IP Logged

Robors2
Ex Member

Reply #10 - May 1st, 2017 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I would recommend living in a village/town, too many robbing barstewards haunting the campo.

Thanks, this is one of my concerns.
It would be devastating for me to come home to find the place has been trashed.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top